Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are your thoughts?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: how would you feel

Options:

hurt but get over it

end the friendship

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

o.k. so alittle backround info first.

I have a 9 year old DD that is very psycologically troubled. She had been committed to a mental institution when she was 7. We thought she was getting better and then one day about 5 months ago she tried to attack and kill my then 4month old baby. She was readmitted to the institution and is now living with her father. I visit with her 4 days aweek and with LOTS of therapy she seems to be opening up and recovering. The baby was not harmed (I got in between them and prevented her from touching the baby).

Now on to my question. My best friend and I have always talked about everything. She knows all of the problems I have had with my children from potty training to physical confrontations. The day that my DD had to go back into the hospital I called my BF and said "we had to put C back into the hospital today she tried to attack the baby"  My BF responded by saying "well good it's nice to see that you don't have the perfect family" I was so shocked by this response that I literally could not speak. She and I have only spoke once since this happened.

I am wondering was I wrong for being so hurt? Would you have just let it go? How would you feel?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM

I would have asked why she would say something like that.  Especially knowing all of the trouble you've had.  It seems out of left field to me.

youngmamma11
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I think her response was totally uncalled for during that situation. I'd be a little hurt by the fact she wasn't supportive.

grapejelly
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I would talk to her first, but I would probably end the friendship.. Something so out of the blue like that warrants an explanation.  But something so rude and uncaring is not acceptable in a friendship, when you were obviously turning to her for some comfort in the situation....

tam84
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Quoting grapejelly:

I would talk to her first, but I would probably end the friendship.. Something so out of the blue like that warrants an explanation.  But something so rude and uncaring is not acceptable in a friendship, when you were obviously turning to her for some comfort in the situation....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)