Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday traditions

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

I was just wondering what kind of traditions you guys have for the holidays.

Follow me to,  Army Wives Do It With Pride

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:35 AM

We are going to start traditions this Eid! DD is still so young, but I am going to decorate and go all out, I think it will be fun!
We will be alone for the holiday though :(
DH is going overseas in a few days!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Not a lot, to be honest.  We do try to alternate holidays between my family and his.  Even when he was deployed, I followed the holiday rotation and went up to be with his family.  Basically, if we spend Christmas with his family we'll spend Thanksgiving with mine.  Then the next year we'll swap and have Thanksgiving with his and Christmas with mine.  That's our biggest tradition though, LOL.

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM

The kids get their holiday pajamas on Christmas eve..we all do. New pj's to wake up in on Christmas morning.

We make reindeer magic food and make a small birthday cake for Baby Jesus. 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM

For Thanksgiving we like to go outside and play a game of football and enjoy the fall weather. Other then that we also watch the Macy's parade and dig out our Christmas decoration. (no we don't put them up yet, we just find them.) Not much else happens that day except overeating!

For Christmas we do advent calenders and have fresh baked cookies and hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. My kids also set out cookies and milk for Santa and reindeer food. (dry oatmeal) The next morning they wake up to find glitter where santa and the reindeer have been.

Follow me to,  Army Wives Do It With Pride

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:42 AM

every christmas eve my mom, my aunt, my cousin, and i go to the mall, grab a cup of coffee, and people watch.  we like seeing all the idiots do their last minute shopping(they are usually men running to the jewelry counters, btw).

then i go home and my kids get to open their new christmas pjs and slippers.  then we read a christmas book and watch a christmas movie.

christmas morning i usually have about 60 people in my house, between his family and mine.  we all cook breakfast together, open presents and drink hot chocolate.

christmas night after everyone leaves and the kids are in bed my husband and i look through our naughty stockings we made for each other.  and we have our own merry christmas.

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM

We are going to have a big Thanksgiving dinner at the house... I won't be cooking this year since I'm supposed to have my baby on the 30th. DH/MIL are going to cook here though, and I hope to enjoy all the goodies.  My parents are visiting for Christmas this year :)... On Christmas Eve we'll read the story of Christmas to our sons, and then its off to bed to wait for Santa. We also leave out a note with cookies to thanks him for the gifts. This year we are also going to write a 'first Christmas' letter to the baby from Mrs.Clause since shes the mommy of the North Pole she writes all the babies on their first Christmas. We figure our sons will get excited to see that... So after opening gifts in the morning we take our family gifts over to my in-laws for breakfast. We'll exchange family gifts then come back home to have a big dinner with my parents, and relax for the evening watching Christmas movies. We also for the past couple years have taken our boys to the shelter we adopted our dog from to bring Christmas gifts to the animals... food/toy/treat donations.

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM

On Thanksgiving I usually have it at my house with just my family because DH family is deer hunting that week.  But this year we are remodeling the house and it is just to much of a mess so my mom is having it.  The week after we go to his mom's house to have a late Thanksgiving dinner with them.  For christmas I put my tree up the day after Thankgiving and well the outside stuff is going up this week end cause hubby don't want to be out there when it is cold and snowing doing it.  But on Christmas eve we go to my parents house and on Christmas day we go to his mom's house.  But the whole month of December we are making cookies for sants.  Christmas morning we get up and open up the presents and I make a big breakfast.  But that is about it.  Oh I almost forgot I also have to have a lighted angel on my christmas tree that is a must.  That is to reprisent my grandma that raised me.  She passed away the day after christmas in 1994.  Also the tree that I have was my aunts that passed away 3 years ago on New years day.

I am going to do I know I can.  I have to Motivation and the attitude.  Now lets see if I can have it all of my 6/4/2012 for my wedding anniversary so that I can have the wedding of my

by Wendy on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:10 AM

We go to my moms christmas eve and have a polish dinner with kielbasa, pierogis, borsht, rye bread, egg nog, cookies, cheese ball etc. 

we always go see santa at the mall. bright nights or lasalette, visit with family, play in the snow, sledding, snow acivities LOL,

we eat christmas breakfast at my SIL. then we take it easy christmas day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)