Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 and 4 year olds wandering the streets

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

i just saw a quick blurb on the news(massachusetts) that a 3 and 4 year old were found wandering the streets. they were on the playground of there daycare center with some teachers. apparently the teachers didnt notice they wandered away, because a man found them walking down the street alone, and immediatly called the police(thank god he wasnt a pedophile) . DCF is now investigating the daycare center.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shecallsmemom04
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM

that's really scary. 

hope that daycare gets shut down.

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

kk_bella
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Ugh, that is so scary. We only hear the bad stories, though.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM

While I uderstand how kids can slip away easily but really shouldnt the day care have a gated play yard? I agree SHUT DOWN

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

that's really scary. 

snoopy21276
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM

someone just lost their job!!!!! There is no excuse for that.. they will be investigated to be sure the playground gates close properly and I am willing to bet the director will review procedures with the whole staff after that!!!!!!

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:09 AM

oh god. Luckily he was a good man that caught them.

isra1986
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM

This happened to my brother! He was 2 or 3. Started walking towards the highway. Some guy picked him up and took him to the police station!
The daycare center is still open. My stupid mother never took any action, but the one worker was fired!
If it was my child, I would have the whole place shut down! This and my friends 10 month old being out of the classroom and at the front door by himself when she came to get him is the reason my child will NEVER be in daycare!

momsbabies
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Why would you even send your 3 and 4 year old to a daycare that doesn't have a fence around the play area.  That in itself is a red flag.

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Aw that's sad... I just heard on the radio a 2 year old was found wandering the streets.. Her 2 parents have been charged..

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I think this is why I prefer to stay home with my kids instead of sending them to a day care..you hear so many bad things about them..I am sure there are great day cares out there..oh yeah and they cost so much to send your kids to them as well. But there is no excuse for letting 2 kids walk away from the day care..if that can happen maybe there should be more adults working to watch those kids outside or watch less kids at a time. When I was little and my biological mother had my sisters and I she would drink 24/7 and end up passing out during the day and my sisters and i about the ages of 2 to 4 would be out wanding around in the streets and I am surprised the state never took my sisters and I away from her, but my dad did..=)

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I dont think I have seen a center that doesnt have a gate! Maybe this was a home daycare? hmmmmm

Quoting mamafor6:

While I uderstand how kids can slip away easily but really shouldnt the day care have a gated play yard? I agree SHUT DOWN

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

that's really scary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)