Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What brings you here?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone else out there just as unmotivated as I am?  It was a very busy weekend.  Saturday I took my 2 year old with me to do some christmas shopping.  I almost got all of my sons christmas shopping done.  I ended up getting a really great deal on the leapster 2 (along with all the accessories like a game, carring case, batteery charger rct...) that my 4 year old son wanted and the lightening mqcueen laptop, That also goes for my 2 year old son as well. I pretty much have him done to.  Only thing I didn't get where gifts for my nieces and nephews.  Sunday was my son's 4 year old birthday party.  We had a surprise birthday party at the new bowling alley in town.  There was cake, presents, bowling, games and so much more.  It was crazy, but fun he really had a blast.  No here it is 7:35am on a very wet and cold Monday morning.  I've been up since 5:55am thanks to my 2 boys waking me up out of a dead sleep.  I tried to get them to go back to sleep for at least another 1/2 hour, but they weren't having it.  Thank god my son got really great gifts that he absolutely loves.  It's like a babysitter because he's spent most of the morning in his room with his brother pretending to cook on his stove and pretending to go to the grocery store to buy food to cook.  So yeah that's nice.  I have a mental list of things that really need to get done but am so not feeling like moving from this couch.  I have three loads of laundry that need to be washed, dryed and put away.  The trash in the kitchen needs to be taken out to the trash, the kitchen floor needs to be swept and mopped, the bathroom toilets need a good scrub and I need to rinse out the lizards food bowls and put fresh food in them.  Not to mention that I need to get all the toys together that I am going to give to my brother for his 1 1/2 year old son.  I have to pay the car insurance this week, have to work oh the flyers for dh and get out all the thank you emails to everyone who came to my sons party.  Just sitting here thinking about all the stuff I have yet to do is so not helping me get motivated.  So lets have it what are you avoiding doing this morning?     

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
maryb311
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I got up at 6am as I do every weekday morning and got dd on the bus. I usually crawl back in bed until about 9 or until the two littles ones wake me up but not this morning!!! I am babysitting for a friend who came by at 8pm last night to ask me because her usual sitter wasn't available today. So I have done a load of laundry, drank 3 cups of coffee, cleaned up the living room which is now a wreck again, walked the dogs and was fixing to start another load and do dishes but then my friend showed up with her daughter (at 7:45 which is fine cuz that is when she said she would). Now I am sitting on the couch kind of motivated but this little girl is being so cute and sweet that I don't want to get up. Oh and my two little ones are still sleeping!!! Having one kid is so easy. Wait, I take that back the baby just woke up!!!! Now to make breakfast for everybody!!!! I'll send you some of my motivation dust. (it comes in the form of COFFEEEEEEE!!!!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)