Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of the hair cutting post

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

I didn't read all of the comments, but I saw a few "they were using blunt-edged kid scissors when it happened" comments

Do you not realize that the sharp point of the scissors isnt what cuts things? They don't need to be pointy scissors to cut through hair.

scissors are scissors and will cut through hair whether you believe it or not. My nephew cut his sister's hair, yup, with kid scissors.

So I really don't understand the shock part about blunt-edged scissors cutting through hair.... is hair that indestructible?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kk_bella
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Hmm, I didn't think that the parents were shocked by blunt edged scissors being able to cut hair, I think they were trying to point out that these things don't happen just out of a lack of supervision, or laziness on the parents part.

i.heart.rachel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I mean duh.. they cut paper why wouldn't they cut hair? lol Scissors are scissors.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, tutu making WAH momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

ILive4This
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Thanks for the education <rolls eyes>, but I think we get that all scissors cut...hence, them being scissors.  I think the point of mentioning that was, pointy scissors are a lot more dangerous...a kid can fall on them, and be a lot more hurt than missing some hair.  I mean, did you really not get that????

mysteriousmom06
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I think the point in saying that they were kiddie scissor was saying that its not like kids who cut their hair are allowed to just run around with everyday scissor. I don't think anyone was like, "holy crap I didn't know these scissors actually cut things"

Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

but why even let your LO have blunt scissors w/o suprvision.

Some of the stories I understood.... some basically sounded like they had no clue that kids could use them to cut hair.

There was a woman last week who left her kid alone for 45 minutes and during that time, the little girl cut her own hair. Why would you not check on your child during that time?

Quoting ILive4This:

Thanks for the education , but I think we get that all scissors cut...hence, them being scissors.  I think the point of mentioning that was, pointy scissors are a lot more dangerous...a kid can fall on them, and be a lot more hurt than missing some hair.  I mean, did you really not get that????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)