Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy HOLIDAYS! G-d says love everyone.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM
  • 22 Replies

I posted this as a reply in one of the Christmas posts but since there is a new Christmas post everyday, well actually there about about 20 everyday I decided to make my own post because I am too lazy to reply to each Christmas post everyday... because honestly the only reason I hate Christmas so much is because of the people bashing the Non-Christian, Non-Jesus Believing, Non-Religious, Non-Christmas celebrating people.

Why the hell do you people get this in your email and feel the need to re-post? Do you get how ignorant these things are? Do you realize that the people making the biggest fuss over the word "Merry Christmas" are Christians? Do you?

My background is Jewish. Never once did my mother complain about the school having Christmas parties or Christmas break. Never once did I hear anyone from my temple complain. We never even asked to have a Chanukah break because if it falls during school then your suppose to attend school. One time I remember a Jewish person asking to have a menorah put up in an airport ALONG WITH the Christmas tree. This offended Christians, they didn't want the menorah there. Why? Who knows after all Jesus was a Jew. So instead of including the Jewish people during their season too the airport took down their tree. This is what happens all to often. People are asked wish everyone a Happy Holiday (not that I care what you wish me) and some Christians said oh no I won't, I won't say anything because it's CHRIST-mas. Saying Happy Holidays isn't taking the Christ out of Christmas it's including all of G-ds people.

All of you people saying no I won't say Happy Holidays, saying that Jesus is the reason for the season... Please tell me why you think your the only one that matters? Why is it you can't stand the idea of Chanukah which this year is Dec 12 to 19th. Kwanzaa on Dec 26th The Winter Solstice on Dec 21st New Years on Dec 31st/Jan 1st. (and I am sure that I missed something)? No one is telling you to know when these days are and to wish people a Happy Kwanzaa, they are telling you to be kind to ALL OF G-D'S PEOPLE.

Y'all who read this bullshit and said yes yes yes this is so true I am not saying Happy Holidays are the one's who ruin the Holiday spirt. When I hear Merry Christmas I don't get upset but when I hear some asshole say "I am not wishing anyone a Happy Holidays" I get pissed at their ignorance. That someone can think they are the only one that matters, that someone thinks Jesus and G-d would approve of their disgusting behavior. When in fact if people want to get all technical about Jesus being the reason for the season then celebrate Christmas correctly. Let's start by taking down your Christmas tree because according to the bible you should not worship objects. Christmas has been commercialized by other Christians, they are the ones that have taken away the true meaning so stop blaming the people who don't believe in Jesus.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I don't believe in Jesus. I celebrate Christmas. Stick that up your turkey.

Oh, and I'm also the Queen of England and thin.

MomofWildcats
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Quoting kk_bella:

Fantastic! I am the Queen of Egypt we should have a royal party!

mybabybugssmile
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Why do you censor out the word God?? It's not like it's a swear word.... 

Out The Doorpumpkin piefalling_leavesturkey

Viperkaylin
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 AM

eye rolling

Why don't you just celebrate whatever you want to celebrate and let others celebrate what they want to. BTW in this country people do have a right to their opinion and if they don't like the fact that people don't say Merry Christmas then that is their right!

kk_bella

Quoting MomofWildcats:

Quoting kk_bella:

Fantastic! I am the Queen of Egypt we should have a royal party!

Egypt doesn't have a queen, silly. You are a Pharoah!

And ya, I will totally party with you, Pharoah, those Egyptians know how to party.

kk_bella

Quoting mybabybugssmile:

She's jewish. Jews don't say or type out the word God in vain.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hey I'm the Queen of Beers!!! It even says so on my myspace page! :) Lets have a Royal Ball!!!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

MomofWildcats
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Quoting mybabybugssmile:

Urgh... really? I get so tired of having to give this explanation. It's not because it's a swear word or I am trying to be PC.

Go google "Why do Jewish people write G-d" and tell me what it says.

kk_bella
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Hey I'm the Queen of Beers!!! It even says so on my myspace page! :) Lets have a Royal Ball!!!

LOL! You really are!

*party at the Queen of Beers palace!*

3giftsfromgod
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM

God does say to love everyone. I hope you have a very merry Christmas. Christ IS the reason!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)