Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday goodies

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

What are some of your favorite things to bake for the holidays? Do you bake with your kids or by yourself?    *add recipes if you would like...Thanks

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
youngmamma11
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I love to make these.. they are SUPER easy.. and very delicious. All you need are the mini pretzels, hershey kisses and holiday colored M&M's. You lay out pretzels on a cookie sheet and top them with hershey kisses. You then put then in the oven..i usually heat it at like 250.. and wait for the hershey kisses to soften. You then take them out and push an M&M on top of each one.. and then let them cool. I line the cookies sheet with parchment  paper beforehand so i can move them all the refrigerator to cool. This is what they look like...

isra1986
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

My great grandmothers no bake chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal cookies! The best thing in the world! Nothing but sugar, so I stick to only making them once a year!

candygirl1030
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Quoting youngmamma11:

I love to make these.. they are SUPER easy.. and very delicious. All you need are the mini pretzels, hershey kisses and holiday colored M&M's. You lay out pretzels on a cookie sheet and top them with hershey kisses. You then put then in the oven..i usually heat it at like 250.. and wait for the hershey kisses to soften. You then take them out and push an M&M on top of each one.. and then let them cool. I line the cookies sheet with parchment  paper beforehand so i can move them all the refrigerator to cool. This is what they look like...

I love this idea...these are going to go on my cookie platters to give out. :) 

As for what I bake (usually alone except for sugar cookies):

Choc. Chip Cookies (my kids love these); Peanut Butter Blossoms; Snickerdooles; Sugar Cookies and usually one other kind (differs every year) and now I am going to add the pretzel ones!

I also make Baklava (family recipe).

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM

We do suger cookies because my daughter loves to decorate them.  We also do Chocolate chip.  But my favorites are the thumb print cookies, Pototo chip cookies and graham cracker cookies.  I will have to put my hands on the recipes so i will post them later. 

MomofWildcats
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I like to buy those Holiday cook books, the magazine type that they keep by the register and try something different every year.

I always make choc. child cookies, peanut butter fudge, and bannana nut bread!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)