Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my hunting week ( vent)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

I love to hunt and really enjoy getting out there to hunt every year but this year had to be the worst. First It was in the high 50's low 60's all week. Were in MN what the heck it should be in the 30's and 40's. Plus it rained or drizzled almost every day, the weather just sucked this year.  We actually had a guy walk on to our property and accuse us of shooting at his buildings. First you just dont trespass onto our property and accuse 5 hunters with loaded rifles of doing shit, get a DNR Officer you idiot. 2. dont tell me that I cant have my stand that is on my property facing your property. I can have facing anyway i want.  I know were I can and cant shoot. its pretty obvious you dont hunt or know what your talking about, we shot those two deer no were near the property line and we can see your buildings from the stand plus we shoot down.  IDIOT.

If you going to go for a walk outside in the woods, down the road or DUMP Leaves in the woods during hunting season, PUT SOME ORANGE ON. Yes we actually had to stop and tell a group of ladies that they should put some orange on if there in the woods. They actually told us well dont shoot us. LMAO seriously. I 'm not going to shoot you but I'm sure somebody else could mistake your dumb ass for a deer since you were wearing a fuzzy brown sweater and walking through the woods during hunting season. 

And lastly if you dont have permission to hunt on sombodys land then dont do it, and it's illegal to bait deer. Yes we know who you are and the DNR have been contacted. You should really look around to see if you see other hunters in blaze orange before your illegally shoot a deer on property that you dont have permision to hunt. And you wonder why people get shoot during hunting season.

Nicole
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
25beengoodtome
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Believe it or not, there are actually people who don't go hunting, nor do they understand the dangers of taking a nature hike during these beautiful Autumn days. Some people live in the city or 'burbs, and feel a need to get dressed for the season, and take a hike in the countryside. Cement sidewalks just aren't as good for relaxing and enjoying the peace of fall foliage. I'm sorry your hunting trip was ruined. Maybe next year will be colder, and you'll have a great adventure.  I wish you luck.

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:20 AM

LMAO you sound like my hubby & his cousin. they are always going on about the not so joyous things in hunting. But i respect hunters. My hubby & his cousin put deer in the freezer, it keeps me from havin to spend $ on meat when i grocery shop. and my family loooovs their deer meat!

Proud Faithful Marine Wife, Married since I was 17, deployment survivor. Mommy to a very handsome baby boy born May 25th 2009. My lifes not always how I plan but every bump in the road has made me a strong woman. marinesI love My Marine!

little.miss.mom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Some people just have no common sense. Hope next season is better.

northernmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM

i live in MN too and some days i swear! people who should "know better" obviously don't. last year someone went onto my neighbors property (trespassing) and shot her HORSE! i mean come on if you are going to shoot something at least make sure its what you are hunting for? not to mention if you trespass into an obvious HORSE pasture, don't ya think there may be oh i dunno horses? oh and all my neighbors horses wear blaze orange scarves during hunting season so i would love to know how they screwed that one up. lucky the horse ended up ok. the hunter was obviously a bad shot.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
prego7386
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM

yep.....im right there with you! we have gotten one doe so far..now we saw 5 deer the day we couldn't shoot because we had family coming over but now they are just hiding..its to wet the acorns are everywhere and they aren't in need of food really so they aren't crazy about moving this year it seems. we had the idiot across the street form us decide that target practice would be awesome to do about an hour before sunset when the deer are suppose to be out really well. so here he is shooting off round after round and i am in my deer stand cursing him each time >:( i dont know how that chick that thought it would be a good idea to walk in the woods without orange! during hunting season around here at least, you are reminded every hour or so by a round goingoff and echoing somewhere! sorry but once fall comes around the only time i dont wear my vest out in the woods is if im in a state park on some trails

sheismyangel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I am sorry your hunting season sucked. I hope next year is better. Here in maine it has not been to well either. But my stepson who is 11 shot his first deer, 105lb doe. He was very proud of himself. But besides that every one i know has had pretty poor luck too. Well good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)