Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks alot!!!! TMI*

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

Guess what my body decided to give me for an early birthday present? It has decided to make me lactose intolerant!!! After 22 years it decides this! So if I drink milk I got the WORST digestive problems!!! And what sucks worse is...guess what my craving this pregnancy is?? You got it...milk! So thanks alot, body!!!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jmsbowtie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM

That sucks momma...Sorry your body decided to be mean to you

PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:22 AM

That's why we know Mother Nature is a woman, only a woman can think up cruel and unusual punishments like that.  :)  That sucks momma, I am not lactose intolarant, however I am milk intolerant, as are a few of my cousins, guess where we grew up?  On a dairy farm. 

angelove8
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Could I be milk intolerant? It only effects me when I drink milk. My doc said possibly lactose intolarant...I've never heard of milk intolarance.

Quoting PookaboosMom:

That's why we know Mother Nature is a woman, only a woman can think up cruel and unusual punishments like that.  :)  That sucks momma, I am not lactose intolarant, however I am milk intolerant, as are a few of my cousins, guess where we grew up?  On a dairy farm. 

adrianasmommy07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM

It may not actually be you that has the issue with milk. When I was pregnant with my DD I would get sick for hours if I drank or ate anything with milk mixed in  if the milk hadnt been cooked. Went right back to normal the day she was born, and lo and behold DD had a allergy to milk when she was born.

KitKatG
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Oh I'm so sorry.  I craved milk through one of my pregnancies (but i'm not lactose intolerant)  I know what you are dealing with though!  My husband and my oldest are both lactose intolerant.

PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Could be, but I have always had it, when I was a baby mom bought goats to milk, cuz I couldn't have cows milk.  I know of a lot of people who have just a milk intolerance, but the only people I know with it grew up on a dairy farm, lol.

Quoting angelove8:

Could I be milk intolerant? It only effects me when I drink milk. My doc said possibly lactose intolarant...I've never heard of milk intolarance.

Quoting PookaboosMom:

angelove8
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM

That's what I thought! The doc said it's not likely (I hope that I have what you had)! But my youngest is currently lactose intolerant. It's soo irratating. Then if I eat too much sweets I feel like I'm having a panic attack or something. I start shaking and my heart goes all crazy. My doc said I was having anxiety attacks. I hope I'm not diabetic....that would suck.

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

It may not actually be you that has the issue with milk. When I was pregnant with my DD I would get sick for hours if I drank or ate anything with milk mixed in  if the milk hadnt been cooked. Went right back to normal the day she was born, and lo and behold DD had a allergy to milk when she was born.

humanjunglegym
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Try taking a lactaid tablet with your dairy, or, try a probiotic supplement. :)

easinpc
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I had this problem when I was about 23 weeks pregnant with my son.  It started all of a sudden right after I'd drink milk or something with alot of milk in it.  As soon as my son was born it went away and I haven't had any more problems since then.

Quoting angelove8:

That's what I thought! The doc said it's not likely (I hope that I have what you had)! But my youngest is currently lactose intolerant. It's soo irratating. Then if I eat too much sweets I feel like I'm having a panic attack or something. I start shaking and my heart goes all crazy. My doc said I was having anxiety attacks. I hope I'm not diabetic....that would suck.

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)