Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUGE Favor asked from all the moms on here with facebook!!!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  • 0 Replies

Okay my friend is involved in a contest, its called The C.H.I.L.D of the year.

It's an award for an Adult that has raised Limb Deficiency Awareness in the Community and is also a role model for others. The other catergory is for a child with a limb difference or a sibling, that has raised awareness and displays a postive outlook on life.

The winners will be published on our website www.childorg.net.au and will recieve a beautiful trophy and certificate, thanking them for raising awareness for Limb Deficiency for 2009!

I was wondering if everyone would take a monent to read about my friend Rachel who is an amazing mom and her little girl Brooke who has really inspired so many already in her short life. She is 21 months.

Brooke was born with no arms, no hips, no top leg bones and only one in the bottom of her leg. She has no knees or outside ankle bone and is missing her pinky toe. As of yet doctors have no idea why she was born this way. Both her parents are healthy and her older sister has no problems at all.

Rachel is an amazing woman who has taken this all in stride. She has really been such an inspiration for so many and the challenges she faces everyday with her daughter are tremendious. Doctors told her Brooke would never sit, she sits. They said she would never get around on her own and now she bum scoots all over the house. They said she would never stand and she has recently stood assisted.

Rachel always takes the time to answer questions from anyone who wants to know about Brooke. She has refused prostetics for astetic look only and instead proudly wears a shirt that says "arms suck!" She has done local tv and a new story from CHAMPS about her daughter to raise awareness of limb deficency.

So please just take a moment to hit attend to this event. (You can always turn it off later) and vote for my friend Rachel, the Mom of the year and every year IMO!

EVENT LINK

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180334447390&index=1#/event.php?eid=180334447390

PICTURE link (Rachel Turner-Willisson)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180334447390&index=1#/photo.php?pid=4530013&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=180334447390&aid=-1&oid=180334447390&id=544855730

HUGE THANKS!!!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)