Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD if you saw....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: WWYD ???

Options:

Move, ASAP!

It's normal, just hound maintanence until they are gone again

Other, please explain what you would do.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

Cockroaches??? :o(

I live in an apartment building on the top floor. 12 aparments in the building. When I first moved in, about a week later I noticed roaches. I had a heart attack, called maintenace. They came, sprayed, then the roaches disappeared.  I constantly bleach, lysol, vaccum, etc. I am NOT a dirty person.  Now 4 years later, roaches are re-appearing and I want to CRY!  I only notice them here and there and I was kinda positive they were coming from ANOTHER apartment. Well, my suspicions were confirmed about 11pm last night, when I was sitting here with hubby and saw a ROACH come from under my front door and scramed across my LIVING ROOM wall!!! I was mortified.......I went off on hubby that we NEED to MOVE....ASAP!!  I'm just afraid if I go somewhere else it will be something worse.....UGH......

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygav09
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Yuck! We have had roaches in the past & they multiply so fast!  I would hound maintenance until they were gone again & then put the little roach traps wherever it was safe. I hope you get rid of them!!

CafeMom Tickers
ErikaRobin
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Well for heaven's sake, don't MOVE.  That makes them cocky and then they set their sights on world domination. 

May they suffer the wrath of the Mighty Boot!! 

KT9105
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:57 AM

It doesn't matter how clean you are, you live in a buidling with 11 other apartments.  Keep on maintenance but they may not do anything if they've already sprayed.  I was told when I had a nasty hallmate that the complex had already sprayed and the respray was up to me.  So we bought roach traps, which got rid of the problem really quick (just put them where kids and pets can't get them).  If it's in your budget try renting a house instead of an apartment, we've had a much easier pest control situation since we don't share walls and ceilings and floors =)

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:58 AM

ummm i wouldnt move...hell if they bug you that much buy a can of raid for when the maintenance guys are busy...we have em every year...its just part of where we live

cmhart
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM

usually what happens is when someone moves out of a neighboring apartment they spray and they come to your apartment.  that just happened to us. the people next door moved and they never cleaned and the apartment maintenance people had to spray twice and bomb once.  they all came over and died in my apartment. luckily i was vacationing when this happened.  however when we came home i opened our cupboards and on each of the 4 shelves there was at least 6 dead cochroaches. i freaked (i have never had them until i moved to VA). I washed everything and called maintenance.  Luckily we haven't seen or had any for a while now.  And we are about to move.  So good luck. I hope it all works out better.

Happily in love with Tyler, my wonderful Navy husband and mommy to Leighton, my beautiful baby boy.

happynavytoddler boy

DaisyAg2003
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:03 PM

rolling on floor

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Well for heaven's sake, don't MOVE.  That makes them cocky and then they set their sights on world domination. 

May they suffer the wrath of the Mighty Boot!! 

We had them BAD!!!  The first year (after we bought the house) we had fire ants really bad!  We got the ants out and the roaches moved in!  I was disinfecting every counter top and floor daily (sometimes several times a day).  I finally got fed up after trying everything and called the Orkin man...we haven't had a problem since!

stefvan
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:03 PM

LOL  They're like a family pet in the south.  I'd put off some bombs and sprinkle some boric acid behind the fridge, stove, etc. 

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Quoting babygav09:

Yuck! We have had roaches in the past & they multiply so fast!  I would hound maintenance until they were gone again & then put the little roach traps wherever it was safe. I hope you get rid of them!!

haileysmom2833
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM

They are pretty common here in Texas.  We have a contract with a pest control company that comes every other month to spray.  They are gross, but something that I have learned to live with the fact that they are going to be here, and I jsut have to call when I see them.  i would hound maintance, and maybe suggest that they have a professional come and spray every few months.

jaysmommy04
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Thats one of the reasons I hate living in apartments.  We used to live in a duplex .  We lived there for a little over a year, with no one living next to us. We never had a bug problem. Then our neighbors moved in.   6 months after they moved in we saw a pest control guy going into their unit.  And of course after they treated there unit they came flooding into ours.  We ended up having to bomb the unit  ( pesticide ).  After that they went away. Then they came back.  And there was thousands of them. It was so gross.  When the neighbors moved, our landlord asked if we would help his maintenance guy clean the unit, he offered to pay us.  So we agreed.   When we walked in there, we saw the nastiest place I have ever seen.  There was dried dog SH*t all over the carpet.  Their bath tub had a thick black ring around it.  The kitchen was so bad, there was rotten food on the counters and in the refrigerators.  There was food scattered from one end of the unit to the other.  Dried on food on the living room carpet. It was purely disgusting!
( this was only a week after they left.)  The maintenance guy told us that the tenants were actually evicted because of the filth.  And that the landlord even threatened to call CPS.. They had 3 young kids under the age of 10.  I felt so bad for them.

.thguoht ew naht lanoisuled erom ruoy siht daer nac uoy fI

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)