Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i say to her? serious topic!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 20 Replies

I've been friends with this girl since we were 2 years old. We lost track for about 8 years and just got back in touch. The other night we were talking about our families and when i asked about one of her 5 brothers she told me that he was arrested for being a pedophile. He was with a 13 year old and was sentenced to 5 years. He gets out next year. I don't want to lose my friend but i just can't get past this fact especially since when he gets out he'll be moving just a few blocks away and my sister and her friends always come over on weekends.... do i sound like a bad person or what would you do or say in my situation :(

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amber_1024
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Just make it clear that you don't want him at your house nor knowing where you live... 

I have to ask though, how old was he?  

don't like it... don't read it!

preemiemommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM

i agree.  tell her you dont want it to come between the two of you, but you find it best that he not know where you live.  and if she cant do that, maybe shes not as good of a friend as you thought. you are only trying to protect your family.

Quoting amber_1024:

Just make it clear that you don't want him at your house nor knowing where you live... 

My eggo is preggo!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
key2ynot
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I'm a little confused - are you saying that you don't think you can be friends with her anymore because of what her brother has done?  I don't see a problem with voicing your concerns/opinions about her brother to her - but wouldn't cutting her out of your life again be a little harsh?  It's not like she was the one who committed the crime, ya know? 

CafeMom Tickers
4armycuties
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I agree but I also think upon his release, he won't be allowed to be near children anyway. Good luck.

Quoting amber_1024:

jjessers
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM

He will be moving a few blocks away from who?

You or Her....?

mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Quoting amber_1024:

neenerashley
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

He did the deed not her. Dont punish her for his mis doings. Just let her know your not comfortable with him around your kids, and you would appreciate if she kept it that way.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

JessFuller
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM

How old is this brother and was the 13 yr old a "screwed up" relationship for him or was she raped??? I would find out all details....there are alot of ways a man can get charged with this crime and it not be as bad as it sounds. It's crazy I know but you need to find out as much as you can before you jump to conclusions.

jjessers
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM

OK...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that HE did the crime NOT HER.

So why would you end the friendship? 

(I had a long reply typed out...and deleted it because it seemed a bit harsh...heh )

momma43789
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Quoting amber_1024:

like 30

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)