Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was I thinking?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

S/O told me last night that I am not paying enough attention to our (newly) middle child. I used to smother him with attention and now I can't because I'm busy with the baby.

I feel horrible. Not only do I know I don't pay enough attention to him, but I know that most of the time I am yelling at him. He has hit the terrible two's and driving me insane. Add the fact that I'm not getting a lot of sleep and that equals one cranky momma. I'm constantly snapping at him. Our oldest is 3 and she is more of a helper than anything. I try to get our middle son involved but he just wants to throw these tantrums and not listen to anything- which makes everything 10x worse!

So today I have been trying to spend more one-on-one time with him. We've played and cuddled and I'm really trying. But now I'm noticing that the baby is starting to get crabby when I'm not holding or feeding him. It's like they've switched attitudes today...

What was I thinking having 3 kids so close together?!?!?! If you have 3 kids that are all young, how do you do it? How can I divide my time fairly among them without making someone mad or jealous? I need a clone...or two. :)

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
HuntersMomee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

just do the best you can :)

son.jpg love my son image by PEZMO_23
               pink ribbon   love-my-daughter.png love my daughter image by stephi3403

ButterflyMeli
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Awwww.....it will be ok!  You will get through it!  I am not much help since I only have a 4 1/2 year old, but I am sure my time is coming when we have a second.  Just have to take it one day at a time!  Take a min to yourself, just take a breather.  I know that helps me when I am having a hard time with DS.  Just keep smiling!

groombridehula hoop

CRAZY IN LOVE                   Nathan 1/3/05

justinejoy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I agree w/the above reply.. do the best you can.  Also, as the youngest baby gets older you will find more of a routine and a groove that works for you.  Just keep on giving him the one on one attention.

I have sons 11 months apart.  And I once read that if both kids are fussy at the same time - tend to the older one first because they are more likely to remember and also usually takes less time to defuse vs. a newborn.   

And of course, once you start getting full nights sleep again, it will make all the difference in the world!!  well it did for me anyway :)

Justine butterfly on head  

mysticblyss
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Involve the middle one with your day to day with the baby,like when it comes time to feed the baby (if you breastfeed pump a bottle) heve him help you feed. When you change the baby's diaper have him help you . it may not only be your time thats upsetting him , it also could be he wants involved. I have three children and my middle was the same way , they are now older so if i can make it through i know you can . Just relax you'll do fine. 

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Quoting HuntersMomee:

just do the best you can :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)