Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A short video: The package insert for the H1N1 vaccine - Something every mom should read

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 13, Abby 8 and  Liam born June 15 2009

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Wow. Glad I was never planning on getting that... I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be trusting the government! lol

mama2mycuties
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing! We didn't get any type of flu vax for our family but i'm really tired of my family and friends bashing me for it.....I think I'll add this to my facebook page.

JAN81
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Well my son and myself had gottent he vaccine. And he was wrong about the pregnant woman and the shot with mercury. Being 25 weeks pregnant, my doc. told me that they were not giving that shot to the pregnant woman, and I waited for the phone call for the preservitive free vax. As well as myself, my son waited for the inactive shot. I had the flu pregnant with my son, it was horrible. I never want to relive that again. I was hospitalized and such. Everyone is entitled to do their own thing. And good luck to everyone.

Forget-me-not
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

This is not intended to be a debate post, just providing information to moms who want it..Glad things went well for you guys.

Quoting JAN81:

Well my son and myself had gottent he vaccine. And he was wrong about the pregnant woman and the shot with mercury. Being 25 weeks pregnant, my doc. told me that they were not giving that shot to the pregnant woman, and I waited for the phone call for the preservitive free vax. As well as myself, my son waited for the inactive shot. I had the flu pregnant with my son, it was horrible. I never want to relive that again. I was hospitalized and such. Everyone is entitled to do their own thing. And good luck to everyone.

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 13, Abby 8 and  Liam born June 15 2009

JAN81
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Oh I know. That is not how I wanted to come across. I just wanted to say that things were ok for us. that is all. Sorry if I offended.

Quoting Forget-me-not:

This is not intended to be a debate post, just providing information to moms who want it..Glad things went well for you guys.

Quoting JAN81:

jess_diva
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Thank you for posting this.

thank you

crazyfunmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:01 PM

h1n1 isnt as contagious as people make it sound. I had it, but my kids never got it. and they were arounfd me the whole time. (i dodnt know i had it until the end). i know this isnt a debate post but the dr didnt do proper research. yes it caused all those probs back in the day, but medical technology has improved and the stuff that it cuased then is minor now. and what he said about 4-9 year olds gettign it is false. they arent giving the vax. to that age group. I got the shot cuz i work in healthcare. adn never had any of those symptoms, nor has anybody i know. another thing....a friend of mine is one of the people making the vax and she said everything that Dr said is just a tad off. the package insert doesnt say that either.....i have one sitting right next to me.

sophistcatdfury
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

swine flu vax omg the government is trying to kill us omg internet omg!

we didn't get the shot not because the government was trying to kill us, but i just didn't want anyone to stick me or my baby with another needle. she's gotten her shots and i got a flu vax like i do every winter. this topic is OLD

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Well I don;t know what shot insert this dr was reading....they conveniently leave that out(rolls eyes) but the US version of the shot does not have squalene adjuvants in it...so that as far as I got before wasting any more of my time.

shanriel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Thanks for the info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)