Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jumping to conclusions?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

Wow so today it seems like everyone has been in contact with a pedophile lately =]

Now what im not understand is why SOOOO many women jump to the conclusion that the guys AUTOMATICALLY rape little kids? Thats not always the case!

I know for 5 guys PERSONALLY who are labeled as sex offenders and not allowed to be near children. Wanna know what they did? Dated a 16 y/o when they were 18. And most of the time, it was an on-going relationship that the parents decided to punish after they turned 18. They automatically were labeled a sex offender just for having sex with a long time girlfriend. CONSENTUAL sex.

I just think that we all need to chill with the ASSuming stuff.

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Where as I don't think everyone is a sex offender..I would never come out and say it about some one....I do err on the side of caution..and am very careful with my kids....it makes more sense....If Im wrong....oh well...If I was ever right..I might have saved my child from being hurt...... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

luckygirl333
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM

If someone is labeled a pedophile I really don't care what they did. My child will not be around them. I see how you're defending your friends or what not, but child sexual offenses are not to be taken lightly. How are we supposed to know what someone has done? I'm not gonna walk up to a sexual offender and say "Excuse me..... um what kind of crime did you commit? Did you molest, rape, flash?? How did you harm someone sexually?" Give me a break.

imechard
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Sex offenders are only NOT allowed contact with children while they are under supervision. After their supervision ends they ARE allowed around children. Believe me, I worked for CPS and have had many mothers living with sex offenders who were not under supervision and there was nothing to be done about that, because ofcourse they paid their debt to society.

Also in this state, 16 is the age of consent and they can have sex with whomever they want. Between 14 and 16 for the law it is ONLY a problem when one party is more than 48 months older than the other, which is four years and on that age it is a pretty big difference in maturity and you get the more coerced sex type.

Then I have witnessed first hand how hard it is to actually convict someone of a sex related crime, and often times they plead down to where they do not have to be under supervision and where the sex part often times is left out.

And I always check the database, and check what they are convicted of. It will list how old their victim was and in what year.

If you are on that list, you will not be around my children. I protect mine, that is my job. Sometimes they only get convicted of the older sister, say 16 because the younget sister say 4 did not make a credible witness. I am not risking it. If you were dumb enough to get convicted and did not have an attorney to get you out of the weak charges, which your examples are, too bad. Live with it, but not near me with access to my children. I once told a guy to leave the public park because he had stationed himself with a cell phone and laptop near the play area, lied about why he was there, had no kids with him or any valid reason to be there. Not my kids! If that makes me unreasonable so be it, but I will do everything in my power to keep them safe and happy and untouched.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)