Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blue's Clues Toys-who would've known?*****UPDATE******

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

UPDATE:

I checked out Ebay and found some stuff! YAY and for not a fortune either. although I could argue with some shipping prices...but I won't. Just glad to find ds some things that didn't break the bank! LOL....

My ds is really into Blue's Clues these days, so I figured I would get him some nice Blue's Clues toys for Christmas. I go online to find some to purchase....and OMG I just about had a heart attack! This certain website had these toys (that I had with both of my dd's) for over $100 each. A Mr and Mrs. Salt set, and a Tickety. That's CRAZY!!!!! I was wanting to get him a Handy Dandy Notebook too but those are barely under $20, which I can handle but they used to be like $5-$10 just a short time ago. And a stuffed "Steve" is $40. I guess ds is gonna have to settle for something else maybe. IDK....this is nonsense. I'm gonna check out Ebay and see what's there.

ok, so that's it. I'm guessing this was kind of a vent....thanks for reading. LOL.....

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyMerry7
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

If you ask me--the prices on toys are ridiculous!  I just told DH that we need to invent a stupid toy and charge $70 for it and then we'll be set for life!!! =) 

luving-mom-of-2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Yeah, I'd check out Ebay.  Or go to Kmart (if you have one near you) or maybe even Walmart.  Sometimes, I still see them selling Blues Clues toys.  Good luck!

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

mom2Bellarose
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Check out your local party stores. I found a bunch of Blues clues toys in the party section for DD last year. They had a pack of Steve's notebooks with crayons for under $5 and a stuffed Blues clues and other things. I know what your talking about. Last year my DD was really into Blues clues but I couldn't find any of their toys anywhere except for the party store.

meganjjones
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Good luck!  My son is also into Blue's Clues and I couldn't find things anywhere.  I wanted to do a BC themed b-day party for him and ended up making my decorations/cake because most places told me that BC was being discontinued.  Even on Ebay things are pricey because people know you can't find them anywhere. 

Here's some of our party decors (made by me, my sis, and my husband)

CafeMom Tickers
th78
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Quoting meganjjones:

Good luck!  My son is also into Blue's Clues and I couldn't find things anywhere.  I wanted to do a BC themed b-day party for him and ended up making my decorations/cake because most places told me that BC was being discontinued.  Even on Ebay things are pricey because people know you can't find them anywhere. 

Here's some of our party decors (made by me, my sis, and my husband)

Your decorations are awesome. I love those. I was thinking maybe we are gonna just have to make our own toys. DH is really good at woodworking and my BIL is an artist. So maybe DH could cut them out and BIL could paint them. but idk, it shouldn't be too hard so maybe i could paint them. Thanks for the idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)