Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do YOU believe?????

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am a big fan of Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. I love watching the shows.

And just to clarify, yes I do believe in the supernatural, just not "ghosts". I don't believe that someones spirit came back to haunt a location. I believe in Demons. (and angels,but they don't "haunt")

Anyway, as much as I love these shows, I am suprising myself at how much of a skeptic I am. Like I said, I am a firm believer in the supernatural. So yeah< i firmly believe a Demon, impersonating a deceased, can use EVP's, "orbs" and such to "contact" us.

But on these shows, when I hear the "evidence" I find myself saying "yeah right...like someone couldn't have been in another room and said that" Or, doubting when Furniture falls on its own, or "orbs" and such. I mean, its T.V. yeah,they can say all they want to that no one was around, but we don't really know that do we?

What about you all? Do you believe it?

MDPhotography2009. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo2Boys2526
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I usually don't watch those shows because Im a big chicken and can get spooked pretty easily, but just like you, I believe but Im not sure what to believe on tv...

I'll really believe the day where something happens on one of those shows and it ends up on national news...thennnn I'll  believe! lol

angelina95
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM

i believe in demons and angels but i am not for sure in ghost. Have you seen paranormal activity. that move made me think mor and more about demons. I do believe that some of the stuff they find is real.

AngelicaRenee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Lol i agree. I laugh at those shows cause everytime they SEE a ghost or something they never have the camera pointing in that direction even though they were looking in that direction or the camera is so shaky and unfocused you can't see anything. I don't watch those shows though. My tv is usually on disney channel! lol. my son loves mickey mouse clubhouse!

mom2four1978
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Yes I believe in ghosts, but not demons. I think ghosts are just the souls of those passed that are now on another plain. Sometimes we just get a little glimpse of them.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

3babygirlsrock
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I believe. I believe in ghosts and such. I also love GH and GA! However, I am more drawn to GA for the mere fact that they find a lot of spooky things. That is what I want to see. Whether they try to debunk it or not. I dont care if it was really water rushing through pipes or the furnace turning on. I want you to scare the crap out of me! LOL! So I dont care on those shows if it is real. In real life though I try to debunk as much as I can! When it is on tv and not in reality it is a lot different! When it is in my own home I try not to flip out and find a reason first.

Mrszxcop3land
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM

i believe because i used to have a ghost.

he'd flush the toilet, turn on the sinks, start the shower, throw things at my dog if he barked too much, knock on and open doors, turn on the radio, all sorts of things.

i also believe in the fourth kind. there's no way 2/3 of nome alaska's population could be "dreaming" the exact same thing.

i'm alive but i'm barely breathing. just prayed to a God i don't even believe in. what can i say ? i'm falling to pieces<3

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Ghost Hunters is really specific with how they do investigations.  They usually do a 2 person team and the single camera guy in at a time.  When they investigate, they try to debunk or recreate scenarios to avoid saying something that's happened is "paranormal."  That's why that's the only ghost show I watch.  Plus the guys (Kris and Amy included) are awesome, lol.

Yes, I believe there are ghosts, they're just not the ghosts we think they are or might be.

Richys_Girl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Quoting MomTo2Boys2526:

I usually don't watch those shows because Im a big chicken and can get spooked pretty easily, but just like you, I believe but Im not sure what to believe on tv...

I'll really believe the day where something happens on one of those shows and it ends up on national news...thennnn I'll  believe! lol

I firmly believe in ghosts and angels and such. But I do the same thing when watching those shows.

They are so cheesy.

mirandas_mom

No, I don't.  

BossHog

No I don't believe those shows but yes I do believe that there are ghost spirit's or something when my son was only a month old he would look at the same spot on a wall in my room and it was like he seen something and would laugh and cry it's hard to explain but it was weird and once while at a friends house me and him were outside I told him to it was time to come in and he look over she has woods in her back yard and he said bye I said baby there is nobody there and he pointed so I asked him if he seen someone and he said yes so I told him to tell them bye and then we walked inside I didn't make a big deal about it I didn't want to scare him but yeah  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)