Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I feel like the bad person...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

what a weekend, my parents where suppose to have my children for the night but instead I kept them...here's why my older brother moved back in 6months ago with my parents to help with bills. Well instantly I tell my so that I'm not comfortable with it. Anyway my so and I get into a Hugh discussion about how my brother should not be around my children and I'm not sticking up my brother but things where said and apparently I talked down to my so about the situation, and when saturday came I called my mom and told her why and said that I had been thinking about it the past two days and its a conflicting issue ( I know my parents can take of my kids but the whole point is my brother lives there and when everyone is sleeping, he could be awake still then what) and that's why it was a last minute thing and she was upset with me all thou my brother lives there and is the main reason they are not allowed to stay, she made it feel like I was making the wrong discision...my so and I talked it over and he said not to blame myself I made the right decision, it was for the best interest of my children..but why do I feel like crap for it..any suggestions or advise would greatly appreciated

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fightingmom2900
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

if anyone could at least tell my or let me know I made a good decision I would like it something to cheer me up even

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I'm confused. Is there a reason you are not comfortable with your brother being around your kids? Would he hurt them or something? I don't understand, I trust my brothers with my son so much so that if something were to happen to me and my husband he would go to my brother.

abenirichelle
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

you did do the right thing.  you shouldn't feel bad (or let anybody else make you feel bad) for protecting your children.  you are their protector.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM

If there is a legit reason why your brother should not be around your children then YES you made a great decision.

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Quoting KimmyShaw:

If there is a legit reason why your brother should not be around your children then YES you made a great decision.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Sorry, not to sound bitchy, but I can't tell what the heck you are talking about. Can you write that with a  beginning, a middle, and an end - oh and punctuation? I'd like to help, but I can't tell what you are saying.  

If you love playing on Pogo, join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

scootermom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Quoting alwaysyoung:

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Quoting teri4lance:

Sorry, not to sound bitchy, but I can't tell what the heck you are talking about. Can you write that with a  beginning, a middle, and an end - oh and punctuation? I'd like to help, but I can't tell what you are saying.  

i kinda had a problem with it.. your brother moved in with your parents... you and SO had a discussion (aka a fight?) about it- you didnt want them to go, and he does...? and then you told your mom that you dont want your kids going, based on your brother... and now your SO agrees? thats the jist of it right?

i say if there's a reason behind it BECAUSE of your brother, then yea. you made the right decision... but if the reason is for something else, then no... only thing i can think of is something happened to you, involving a man (not your brother) and now its hard for you to trust men and why would you shove your innocent babies to a man-- even tho he is your brother... if that makes sense. lol

but then again-- mothers instincts are there for a reason, so we gotta trust them, no matter what.

fightingmom2900
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

I'm confused. Is there a reason you are not comfortable with your brother being around your kids? Would he hurt them or something? I don't understand, I trust my brothers with my son so much so that if something were to happen to me and my husband he would go to my brother.

yes he in the past has touch children most recentlya 13 yr old and no-one has pushed any charges which I was hoping to keep out of this discussion but here's why

fightingmom2900
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Quoting KimmyShaw:

yes there is but it breaks my heart that my mom would try and make me feel guilty over it kwim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)