Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As Thanksgiving get closer...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 2 Replies

I can't help but think about my Grandpa.

In 2005 I joined the Army so I was never home I had been in for a little over a year and they found my Grandpas cancer...he had 5 brain tumors and it was through his WHOLE body! That was labor day weekend that Thanksgiving I was able to get home on the day just barely because he was in the hospital and he was getting really bad he couldn't barely talk...I got there to see him that day and all he said when he say me was "Julie,Julie" and smiled and just held my hand for about 2 hours while everyone around us was talking and trying to make him feel more comfy. It was the first time I had seen him since he got sick and so I'll I could do was cry. After we all left that night be Grandma gave him and hug and kiss told him she loved him and she would see him in the morning...he was already a sleep. We got the call in the morning that he had died at 2 that morning....I still get all choked up and writing this I am crying....before they found the cancer he was the most active person...he hiked 30 miles at a time...It's heart breaking to remember that he is no longer here....and sometimes I still feel like it's still just a big joke and he is still here or a dream. This is the song that he listened to the whole time and we played at his funeral...I always cry when I here it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

babies

baby

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
allyson2212
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Im really sorry for your loss, I feel the same way about my grandma around the holidays, mainly Christmas since she was the one that always organized it. I try to focus on the good parts of our lives together, rather than the end. It was really hard losing her too, she choked on a piece of orange and was on life support when we all had to tell her good-bye. A 30+ year cancer survivor, healthy as can be, and then she was just gone.  

julieobug
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I am sorry for your loss, Normally I am ok...but this year Grandma had to sell their house they built together because she couldn't afford it anymore....I got married and had 2 babies that I wish he could have seen...but I would like to believe that he is looking down on us and he's proud.

Quoting allyson2212:

Im really sorry for your loss, I feel the same way about my grandma around the holidays, mainly Christmas since she was the one that always organized it. I try to focus on the good parts of our lives together, rather than the end. It was really hard losing her too, she choked on a piece of orange and was on life support when we all had to tell her good-bye. A 30+ year cancer survivor, healthy as can be, and then she was just gone.  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

babies

baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)