Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing Insurance- Need opinions and advice!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

Dh was recently demoted at work and took at HUGE paycut to save benefits from being terminated.  He covers himself, me, my step-daughter, our two boys and will cover our newborn when he is born in January.  We were so lucky because the insurance was a 250 deductible and maximum 500 out of pocket.  Well DH took a new job starting in two weeks and the insurance is really crappy.  It is now a 4,000 deductible and maximum $6,000 out of pocket on top of that!  So, a total of $10,000 is going to be due when the new baby arrives in January.  Plus the monthly premimum is 4 times what we were paying....therefore he will be taking home LESS than he was at the other job...PLUS we now will incur this huge bill for the delivery.  I am really upset because we are barely scraping by as is now....what else can we do?  Do any of you have any suggestions?  DH won't take back his resignation and try to stay with the other company....I think it is his pride...but this is a financial disaster. 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Can you call the hospitals financial office and set up a payment plan?We had to do that with dh's double hip replacement this past year.We set up a plan to pay 20 bucks a month. 

Lilypie
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Will they let us pay something that little?  Should I do it before the baby is born, or once it is sent to insurance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)