Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard floors???

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: On a NORMAL day.... how many times do you sweep/vac your hard floors???

Options:

I don't sweep/vac everyday

1-2 times a day

2-3 times a day

3-4 times a day

4-5 times a day

5+ I'm a neat freak!!!

Other- cuz theres always a few (please explain!!)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

DF has been on my case for the past few weeks..... we have construction going on on our home so there are guys walking in and out all day along with us going in and out and our DS and my nephew running around the kitchen all day...... When you come in the front door you hit a SUPER SMALL mud room/laundry room and then you come right into our kitchen, the whole time you are on a linolium floor (which is now brand new). We take our shoes off at the door but I don't expect the construction crew to do the same. Soooo... I sweep my kitchen floor CONSTANTLY all day long, about 5-6 times a day....... my DF calls me CRAZY he says I am being way too anal and just asking for more work because I sweep just to have it get messy and I sweep again. I see no problem with it, I just like to be tidy and keep the mess from traveling all over my house. He was already on my case before when we had the old floor because I would sweep 2-3 times on a normal (no construction) day. We have a cat and two toddlers so the odds of our floor being clean enough to eat off are slim to non as it is, but I would really like it if the food crumbs and dirt from the entry and so on would not be ALL over my house....... So I am just wondering if I am the only one who, on a normal day, sweeps their floor more than once.......

TTC A 2010 Baby Girl~Click for Love♥Letters

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I sweep every other day,normally or just when I think it looks bad and needs it.You have a special situation right now and I don't blame you for sweeping often,I would too.Because you're right,if you don't keep up with it the dirt would be all over the house!

Lilypie
tpickle
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:08 PM

sweepingI am lazy and do not sweep very often, but my dear deceased mother used to have a broom in her hand constantly.  She was a good housekeeper and I admire that quality in a person.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I hate our hardwood floors. I JUST got done sweeping & mopping for the 4th time in 2 days. Ugh. It never stops!!

queenamy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

we have dark hardwood floors so we gotta clean up at least 2-3times a day

ETA: I LOVE my floors and wouldnt change it for carpet or tile ever

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia, Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

audriesmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I sweep daily.  My 8 month old is crawling now and our dog sheds so in our family room I usually sweep right before I put her down to crawl.  So in there about 4-8 times daily.  In my kitchen about twice a day.

kyuteangl88
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM

i usually sweep at least 2 times a day, but i clean constantly...i feel like my house is a complete mess if the kids leave 2 books out on the table :-/ 

yourgie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I have a vacuum for the carpets and a vacuum for the tile in our house.  I am super OCD.  Anytime I go into the kitchen and make something or wash dishes I vacuum when I'm done.  I vacuum the carpets when I wake up and then one more time before DH comes home.  I love having a clean house so I am keeping up with it all the time.

wedding web site

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)