Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section Mamas

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

It's been 2 years, 8 months since my son was born and sometimes when I stand up, I feel a pulling in my belly where the C-section was and it hurts.  Anyone else experience this?  I also had my appendix out...could that have something to do w/it?

-Ashley, Soldier/Army Wife/Mother to one Amazing little boy, Azriel (Survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant)

toddler boy

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jesscolchris
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:31 PM

You are not the only one I had my oldest almost 6 years ago and it still happens to me. It happens more now after my other sections.

NiChOlE06
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:31 PM

confusedBUMP

BigBoMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM

i had a c-section as well on year ago and though that is not as long ago as you i know what you mean about the pulling (happens when i stand too quickly or move in a certain way or postion). my drs haven't told me anything other than its not normal. they don't say if there could be anything specific wrong or anything they can do they just say that its not normal and leave it at that. i do know that if you had a C-S and had a cathater that if you have any residual UTIs or nerve damage that that can cause the painfulness.  

MomX04
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM

My C-section was over 18 years ago and I still get that pulling from time to time, it is just how the incision heals up.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I've had three of them 16, 6 and 3 years ago and I still have pain intermittently.  Now that I have MS I can only feel it on one side :) and eventually I won't feel it at all but I am assuming after all of these years the problem is permanent!

K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM

i had a c-section 2 years ago with my dd and havent had any problems with it pulling. it could just be you/your body or how they closed it up....im guessing nothing big to worry about

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

SoldierMom86
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Yeah I think it has healed up, I'm back to killing my sit-ups, but it just hurts if I move a certain way, and it still kind of numb :( Hate it. 

-Ashley, Soldier/Army Wife/Mother to one Amazing little boy, Azriel (Survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant)

toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)