Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Older man, younger woman question.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 50 Replies

I have encountered this attitude IRL and on here many many times!
My DH is older than me. 14 years older.
It has been said to me or implied my husband is a "child molester" because I was 18 and he was 32 when we met.
They don't have a problem with it other than to say "Wow, that must be hard to deal with such a big age difference, what do you have in common?" when they find out our current ages (23 and 37)
We have lots in common, always have! It was love at first sight, I knew and he knew we were going to get married!
He actually told me I was too young and I just worked harder to get him to change his mind and marry me! Lol.
Is it really so hard to understand that 2 people can fall in love even though they have a big age gap?
Why is it the man that is the bad guy, "child molester" and the younger one is just the inocent party that got taken advantage of?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomX04
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Blow them off girl, you know the truth of your relationship with him and that is all that matters.

sidneyb
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I completely understand what you are saying. My husband and I are 18 years apart. I met him when I was 15 but we barely even talked lol he was my boyfriend at the times cousin one i turned eighteen we started hanging out and at 19 got together and at 20 got married. People can be very rude. I hate it when people say stuff like that about us and the looks we get lmbo

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:51 PM

the father of my child is older than me im 23 hes 40 lol i know sad  but true.......i met him in feb of this year when i was 22 3 months later i found out  i was pregnant and he left stating stress and we have the same birthday  we are both sensitive but he's  got a big temper on him so i know how things are with thee age difference.  

Jadegirl1819
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Does this mean you guys are back together?

matswife2023
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM

People will always try to find something bad.  I am 8 years younger then my SO and I find nothing wrong with that.

Ashley, Loving Mommy To Dallas and Fiancee To Howard

AngelGirl919
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM

My husband and I are 16 years apart. We don't care what other people say or think about it because we love each other. That's all that matters to us.

isra1986
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Lol. We get comments all the time! It's funny sometimes. I was pregnant and when I had her, customers would ask how was his daughter and the baby? Lol!!!!

Quoting sidneyb:

I completely understand what you are saying. My husband and I are 18 years apart. I met him when I was 15 but we barely even talked lol he was my boyfriend at the times cousin one i turned eighteen we started hanging out and at 19 got together and at 20 got married. People can be very rude. I hate it when people say stuff like that about us and the looks we get lmbo

Bremcgee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Hun, there's 20yrs age difference between me and my dh, who cares what other people think, don't let them bother you !

Owiesmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

We have a pretty huge age gap, but it works for us. 

I hear the "child molester" thing all the time. As long as both people are consenting adults, I don't get what the big deal is. We have a lot more in common than I've had with anyone in my peer group. 

luvnmyfam13
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

very rarely while we're at the store if people wonder if he's my dad and then i smack his ass or something hahaha. We're 21 years apart and it has never bothered us and as far as i know its never bothered our good friends and my family. I do have people ask me why and they tell me its weird but I dont let it bother me.

baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)