Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a horrible person.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 1 Replies

We have two bunnies. I was under the impression both were female. I was sooo wrong. My DD came running to me and said CLOVER HAD BABIES!... In disbelief i went to look, and sure enough she did. None are alive, she had a litter of 5. I had to explain to my 4 yo why they were not moving. She kept telling me they were asleep.  We have had the bunnies for over 6 months now. I dont know when she had them, they were not there yesterday. I think she had them last night. The reason I FEEL like an A hole is because I left the window open and i think I froze them. I'm reposible for the death of 5 baby bunnies. I had no fin clue, none at all.. well I guess now I know I can prevent it from happening again.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
candygirl1030
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Awww...how were you suppose to know when you thought both bunnies were female?  Now that you do, you may be able to get them fixed so they don't have anymore (they are rabbits so unless you want a lot of bunnies I would get them fixed).  If you don't plan on having them fixed you may want to put them in a warmer place in the house.   Usually rabbits like a covered part of a cage (think a little dog house) with some hay in it.  My friend's parents use to raise rabbits (for food though) and that is what they had for all their rabbits who were kep outside in cages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)