Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids being tied up.........*added a note and question*

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 78 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you like it?

Options:

Yes, I use it

Yes, but haven't used one

No I hate it!

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 243

View Results

So this has probably been discussed a bunch but I haven't seen anything so here is my question...

How do you feel about kid leashes? Like? Dislike?

The reason I ask is because our family is going on a plane ride and we have layovers and I really don't want to be running after a 2 year old and a 1 year old (shes walking now). So I was thinking about getting one of those backpack leashes or maybe one of those stuff animal leashes....

What do you think? Please no bashing!

*Okay added a note...I'm sorry if I offended anyone when I said "leash" I was tired and my mind was having a brain fart and all I could think of was "leash" so sorry about that.

And also not sure if anyone got mixed up about this post, I'm mostly only going to use them IF NEEDED at the airports and busy areas...

Thanks for all the opinions..

and to those who have bought the "leashes" "harnesses" whatever you may call it, where did you buy it? Just curious how much??

Thanks!!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:08 PM

my son isnt walking yet, but i plan on using one. =] id rather him be able to SAFELY walk, instead of being in a stroller all the time, ya know? 

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

ladymarvn
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Wished I used it more on my youngest.  You turn your back a second and he'd be gone.  He also has a head of stone so he wouldn't listen.  I had one with us at Disney and I'm glad I did.

I am a good enough mom.  My opinions on parenting tactics change minute by minute depending on my mood and the situation.  I feel if the kids are still alive and fed by the end of the day I've done my job.  I am a Goofy Goober (see the Spongebob Movie). I believe in singing and other things that embarass your children. When my kids say I'm the meanest parent ever I take it as a compliment.  I've often yearned to box up my kids and ship them to Timbuktu.  I feel the best thing about having kids is reliving childhood.  I have a career and I'm proud of it.  You can mess with me and get away with it but God help you if you hurt my kids.  We are all flying by the seat of our pants with nothing but love to guide us.

A.NandD.NMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I loved mine, i say go for it.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM

idk whatto think about this post but let me put it  this way if a parent uses a child leash to keep their child from wandering away its their choice it helps keep them from being kidnapped so if  it works bravo to the 'rents who use the  child leash.

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Never used one, but in your situation I would.  The backpacks with the leash on them are really cute.  They are much better then the one that simply goes around the wrist,  that's what they had to offer when my boys were little.

MommyOf2kids67
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Ds has one i havent gotten one for DD yet probably should though LOL

ty to Chrizeu @ MMO Champ for the awesome siggy :p

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM

i hate how they look but I had to buy one for my son who was constantly running. well then he found it funny to pull,also when we would look for clothes at stores he'd walk around in circles around the clothes and basically it was not safe. Yea won't be using that thing again..

MOM22QTS

What a strange title.

I dont care about harnesses one way or another.

linnet4

Im all for them.. we use a monkey in our 2yr and it works like a charm.. I rather be safe than sorry.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Amber115
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I have never heard of a child being kidnapped while using a harness CORRECTLY. It is not a leash and you don't drag your kid around by it. It is as a safety measure in case they let go of your hand and try to run off. I love them! It was the only way to keep my 2 year old out of the pool when I had a newborn and 2 older kids in swim lessons. I couldn't run off after my 2 year old and leave my newborn unattended, nor could I allow my 2 year old to run around a pool and risk falling in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)