Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you meet people

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

I do not have any friends in this town and the only adults I have to talk to are in my hubby's family, my family, and on here. I can not talk to my hubby's family about any problems because how dare anyone talk badly about there son, it seems like I am the bad guy in there eyes anyways. I can talk to my family very easily but hubby has a problem with it because he doesn't want them to know our problems. I can talk to the moms on here but I can't go out for a girls night with any of youguys because you just can't do that online. How do you meet people in a town where you are a SAHM, don't get out of the house (especially without kids around) How do I meet other woman in my town?

Brandi wife to John

Mother to Joshua, Aurora, Jacob, And 3 Angel Babies

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zawifey
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM

i kinda know how you feel, i have been trying to figure that out for over 2 years. I just recently made a friend and we only ended up bonding because my hubby got waay drunk at a party on halloween and was hitting on everyone (and i mean everyone) lol. Kinda wierd but we really hit it off. All i can can say is if you get invited somewhere go no matter what, we almost didnt go and if we hadnt i never would have met her. Good luck, i wish i had more advice! 

key2ynot
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Man, I wish I knew!  My husband's job has moved him all over the place (5 places  in the last 6-7 years) and I can say from experience that sometimes it seems to be really easy and I'm able to meet/make some new friends without too much effort and then other times (like now unfortunately) I feel kinda stuck in a new town where nobody really seems to care that I'm new!  The times I've been fortunate in finding new friends, we  lived in an apt building (lots of ppl around all the time)  and were in a  more urban setting - so I was able to take my kids to a free story time at the library and met some nice moms there.   Maybe try looking for a similar sort of free program somewhere?  Also, there are lots of local mom-based clubs/groups that I think you can find by doing an online search.  I never joined one myself, but it might be a good start!  Good luck hun - where do you live btw? :-)

CafeMom Tickers
key2ynot
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I also second the ' never turn down an invitation' suggestion!   You never know! :-)

CafeMom Tickers
goodnightmama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Kalispell Mt

Quoting key2ynot:

Man, I wish I knew!  My husband's job has moved him all over the place (5 places  in the last 6-7 years) and I can say from experience that sometimes it seems to be really easy and I'm able to meet/make some new friends without too much effort and then other times (like now unfortunately) I feel kinda stuck in a new town where nobody really seems to care that I'm new!  The times I've been fortunate in finding new friends, we  lived in an apt building (lots of ppl around all the time)  and were in a  more urban setting - so I was able to take my kids to a free story time at the library and met some nice moms there.   Maybe try looking for a similar sort of free program somewhere?  Also, there are lots of local mom-based clubs/groups that I think you can find by doing an online search.  I never joined one myself, but it might be a good start!  Good luck hun - where do you live btw? :-)

Brandi wife to John

Mother to Joshua, Aurora, Jacob, And 3 Angel Babies

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I have met a lot of great women on here! Yah we usually do play dates but it gets me out for some adult women interaction :)

angieluvsolivia
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I don't!  I've never really been a joiner, I'm kind of shy and keep to myself so, I really don't have many friends.  The internet helps and the fact that my daughter is a complete extrovert helps but I am still a pretty private person.

nikkikry
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I've lived in my city my whole life as has hubby and we still have no friends. All of our friends from high school never grew up so they're the same person they were 5-10 years ago. We haven't met anyone or any couples that we hit it off with yet.

I went with hubby to a dinner for his work place and we sat with a woman he works with and her husband...and a couple that they knew and were friends with. The guys spent the whole time talking about all the times they've gotten wasted together and the dirty picture text messages they have on their phone. So me and hubby pretty much sat there in silence. Mind you, these people were all at least 10 years older than us.

I'd love a friend I could have a stimulating conversation with as well as a good laugh and some fun. I just haven't found one yet.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Army_Wife41
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I don't. The women around here irritate me. All they want to do is talk about who outranks who. It gets on my nerves. My son is too young for things like playgrounds and stuff, so I generally jsut take him out for walks if I want him to be outside. But not too many people to meet. So other than on here....I don't meet many people. Once my son is older, it will probably be a little easier.

baby

CafeMom Tickers

lyott07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

i needed mommy friends... so i joined meetup.com enter info... etc. now i have nothing but TONS of mommy friends and my husband befriended thier hubby.

mitch576
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

i don't know momma. i have autism and often struggle with social situations... i've lived in the town i'm in all of my life.. know everyone, and still tend to be reclusive.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)