Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIO..... Do you?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM
  • 51 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you use the CIO method?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Another post got me wondering how many people use this method?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

yep, since it was HIGHLY reccommended by our pedi at 9 months =] 

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I don't do it, but don't bash those who do.  I don't know, however, what we'll do once this baby comes next summer. I still hold my son until he falls asleep and then bring him to his crib.  It usually only takes about 10 minutes, but it's our routine and with a new baby coming, it will have to change. 

turkey dinnerBe thankful for what you have.

McKs0820
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

NO!! when babies cry they are crying for a reason and they depend on you to take care of what they need. until my child can do stuff for herself she will not be cio-ing

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersI'm a devoted teenage mother, hs graduate who believes in pro life under any circumstances, never letting babies cry it out and vaccinations. Stay at home mom for now with a breastfed only baby, been with my SO 2years.

veganmommy04
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

ok, i'm still kinda new here, and i don't know what all the abbreviations yall use mean, such as cio, i've gathered dh means husband, but exactly where did dh get made from husband, also gathered ds means son, again why the ds?  not being snotty just curious and want to know.

tretresmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Quoting USMCBride08:

yep, since it was HIGHLY reccommended by our pedi at 9 months =] 

My kids pedi told me it is good & healthy for their lungs but not for more than 20mins.

tretresmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Quoting veganmommy04:

ok, i'm still kinda new here, and i don't know what all the abbreviations yall use mean, such as cio, i've gathered dh means husband, but exactly where did dh get made from husband, also gathered ds means son, again why the ds?  not being snotty just curious and want to know.

The "d" means darling  LOL  Oh & cio means Cry it out

cmhart
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I'm new too and I found out that dh means like dear or darling husband, ds dear or darling son, and dd is dear or darling daughter.  i think cio means cry it out.  not 100% though on cio.

Quoting veganmommy04:

Happily in love with Tyler, my wonderful Navy husband and mommy to Leighton, my beautiful baby boy.

happynavytoddler boy

beanerbecky
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Quoting veganmommy04:

cio is cry it out and I think the d in dh and ds and dd is for dear.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Never.

We didn't use it for our daughter, who is now 8 years old, and we aren't using it for our 6 month old son now. Children are not manipulative creatures, when they cry they need something... even if it is "just" a cuddle. I could never deny my child comfort just so that I can get a little extra sleep.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

tretresmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Quoting McKs0820:

NO!! when babies cry they are crying for a reason and they depend on you to take care of what they need. until my child can do stuff for herself she will not be cio-ing

OK if your child is fed, changed, bathed & burped there is no reason they can't cry for a little while  Just my opinion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)