Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do women b***h about exercise?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

why do women make excuses not to exercise? like not enough time or energy? Excercise will give you more energy, make you feel less tired, and if your depressed it may even help with that.  You can run up and down stairs for 5 minutes 3 times a day, walk the halls while working, take the kids for a walk in the stroller,  do leg lifts, sit ups, etc.. in 10 minute intervals throughout  the day.. if you WANT to excercise, you CAN find time... I just am so sick of seeing the i have 4 kids, dishes to wash..etc.. so i can't. And for before anyone says you have no idea what its like to have all of that to do.. it doesn't matter 5-10 minutes is not that hard to find ( unless your constantly holding a baby 24/7) 

As for me, i'll tell you i just dont want to excercise  lol, as much as i know i enjoy it while doing it and afterwards.. i just dont want to do it often, and i will make make up a BS line why.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saloria
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Lol I don't do it cause im lazy!!! Actually I use to exercise all the time ... recently I have been lazy though. No excuses here ... just putting it off all the time

KristaP13
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I think most of them forget that it's possible to excersize at home... WITH their kids...like you said, leg lifts, running up and down stairs... sit ups...

& then there are the ones that are just plain lazy....

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

nursetina
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I just have a few questions to ask:

Do you work? 40 hours a week?

Do you have children? if so how many & what are their ages?

Does your SO or DH help you watch the children so you can work out?

I am a single mom of 3 kids. Going for a walk with 2 kids walking beside me is not an option. I am going to start waking up a bit earlier in the mornings so I can work out before the kiddoes go to bed.

I just asked those questions because there ARE some valid excuses and if you haven't been in them yourself, you shouldn't judge.

starbucks.jpg funny vintage image by magicalmuggle105
iwanabemomie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I'm going to admit that i don't have to bitch about excercise because i don't lol.i lost 30lbs just by watching what i eat(i was 150) and never stepped foot into a gym.

lvnmylif
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I just joined a gym.  I am going with friends.  Our first step class is tomorrow.  On Thursday I have an appointment with a personal trainer.  I am very excited.  Honestly it will be the only regular alone time I will be getting until my husband gets back.  I always feel better when I'm exercising regularly.  To some people it just isn't that important.  For me being healthy and feeling attractive is important so I have made it a priority. 

sharisse
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Quoting nursetina:

I just have a few questions to ask:

Do you work? 40 hours a week? i was working full time, up until 2 weeks ago i got laid off.

Do you have children? if so how many & what are their ages? i have a 2 year old son , and a 4 year old that is here with me during the mornings.

Does your SO or DH help you watch the children so you can work out? i dont have either, i am a single mom.

I am a single mom of 3 kids. Going for a walk with 2 kids walking beside me is not an option. I am going to start waking up a bit earlier in the mornings so I can work out before the kiddoes go to bed. that is your choice, and if thats when you find time to do it thats fine...

I just asked those questions because there ARE some valid excuses and if you haven't been in them yourself, you shouldn't judge.

None of what you listed is a valid reason...  and no one can tell me they dont have 5 minutes to do something.

As i said i dont exercise often, but i dont make excuses not too.. i know i dont do it just because i dont want too.

ashleyanderic
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM
I don't think it's just exercise that's the problem. Do u know how hard it is to exercise after gobbling down brownies rather than a protein bar?!?! Lol, I think some women don't eat right, which makes them feel as if there's no point in exercising... As for now I'm enjoying all the brownies I can cause I'm preg=] but I've already booked a trainer starting in feb lol I can never let myself go and not get rid of the baby weight/put more weight on

savannahnhi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

women will bitch about everything.

pinkfairy0206
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

ok...so your making excuses as well!! i exercise 5 days a week,for at least 45mins-1 1/2 depending on how much energy and time i have. i have 3 kids,all girls. my oldest is almost 7 and in second grade,and my 2 little ones are 3 1/2 and almost 21months. the only way i will not exercise is if i have a fever or really bad cold. or if they are REALLY sick and clingy. which they really never do. i have never been to a gym i do everything at home. run, walk(while pushing them in the stroller or by myself)lift weights, run up and down the stairs everything. i always say that if i can do it anyone can. my goal is to be a personal trainer..hopefully one day that will happen:)

DaisyAg2003
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I have 4 kids (5, ~4, 3, and 14 months) and I am a SAHM.  That doesn't mean I have all the time in the world to exercise.  In fact, I started a 90 day exercise series this morning.  I got up at 5:15 to be done and showered by the time the kids got up.

I even did the whole take a picture of me before...take measurements of me before, etc.

I need to do some toning up and hope I can continue to get up early to do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)