Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to repay him

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok ladies, i need some advice. DHs LtCol paid for a hotel for us on saturday. just straight up paid for it. He said it was to say thank you to dh for doing so much work and helping him so much. He reallllly likes him.

Now, not only did he pay for a hotel, he also bought me TONS of drinks. at least 3. i cant remember how much he paid for but they were $3 each.

So i dont feel comfortable not paying him back SOMEHOW. I dont want him to think we took advantage, you know?

He said we owed him a beer lol.

so im thinking a ty card, a case of beer, and maybe something from hickory farms? like the sausage and cheese? DH says he cant MAKE him take it, but maybe if we give him something like that he will?

idk, he was so generous and i feel bad for it now

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ForeverMeme
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I would take the gift in the context it was given with no strings attached and from the heart. To try to 'pay him back' would only lessen the gift from his heart. Send him a card thanking him, that's all! 

Mrszxcop3land
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM

i'd do a thank you card and a case of beer since he said that's what you "owe" him.

i'm alive but i'm barely breathing. just prayed to a God i don't even believe in. what can i say ? i'm falling to pieces<3

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Don't worry about paying him back.  A nice thank you card is all that is required. 

scootermom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Quoting ForeverMeme:

I would take the gift in the context it was given with no strings attached and from the heart. To try to 'pay him back' would only lessen the gift from his heart. Send him a card thanking him, that's all! 

Army_Wife41

What you are suggesting sounds good. You could also invite him over for dinner as a thank you. It isn't important that he take it, but it would ne nice for you to offer the thank you.

That was really nice of him btw :-)

baby

CafeMom Tickers

USMCBride08

k :] ty ladies 

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

judybant
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Sounds like he was being generous and thankful for your husband, and a job well done. I know NOTHING of the ranking system in the military, so forgive me here, but if this guy is a higher rank than your husband, you COULD be putting him at risk by trying to give him something in return for his gift. Of course, his gift could be already putting him at risk, because that sounds like "fraternization"... which I do believe they discourage, yes???

But if it's all good, as far as giving gifts, etc... yeah, go with a "party pack" a basket with a 6 pack of beer, some sausage, crackers, and cheese in it. Sounds like a perfectly good "thanks for thanking us" gift...  

p8ns_mama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Don't worry about paying him back.  A nice thank you card is all that is required. 

Tiny breast cancer awareness ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos mommy to prince Pictures, Images and PhotosMilitary Wife Pictures, Images and Photos Small ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)