Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BURN HELP

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

i just burned the SHIT out of my middle finder right on the tip. i've never had a burn this bad. what can i do to make it feel better? the skin is all flat and shiny.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KT9105
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Toothpaste (not gel, paste) and a bandage always works for me. 

Just_Bethy

Run it under cold water or put and ice pack on it...just don't put butter on it what ever you do....!!! 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

jillbailey26

Triple antibiotic will take the stinging away.  Pretty much instantly.

DaisyAg2003
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Run it under cold water until it is cool to the touch.

Then aloe vera works well...any type of oil will keep the heat in the blister.

I hope it feels better soon!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Put it under cold running water for as long as you can stand it. It stops it from burning further.

zjonzie

ive read that soaking it in vinegar can help but ice water will be your best bet.  if it stings when you take it out you might need to see the dr.  i know that with certain burns you DONT want to keep it covered.   ive burned myself to the point of blisters, i feel for you!

AshesPashes

I also just burned my middle finger. Baking soda paste. It will calm the burn. Just add a little water to baking soda and put it on for a little while then wash it off. It should take away the sting and be okay. 

Momof3smoochies

butter. When I burned my hand real bad my mom put butter and it helped out soo much.

Short_N_Sassy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM

NEVER EVER put anything on a burn but cold water.  Unless it's bad enough to go to the doctor and HE/She prescribes a medication.  There is an over the counter jell specifically made for burns.  It's called Aquafer (sp).  I keep small tubes of that in my kitchen especially for burns.  It was given to me by a nurse at the Children's Hospital where I live. 

TheFoo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM

No ice and no ointment at all. Just run it under cool...not cold water and dont pop the blister if it forms it will pop on its own

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Run it under cold water or put and ice pack on it...just don't put butter on it what ever you do....!!! 

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)