Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be a latex allergy ?? adult content, possible TMI. **edit**

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

for some reason my body has these spurts where sex just hurts. it happened in the beginning of the year and we just thought it was from me giving birth and all that. the pain was on the inside basically where the undies cover for a visual.

now, it's right at the hole but it doesn't really hurt as much as feel raw, like you know when you get a rugburn or something and it hurts to rub it ? i really don't know how to describe it. my BF thinks it might be a latex allergy but i have no idea. it kinda makes sense but then it kind of doesn't because if it was a latex allergy wouldn't it always hurt instead of just sometimes ? i know i should probably get it checked out, but i'm scared of bad news.

and it only hurts during sex. never after, and never if i'm just doing every day things.

any ideas on what it could be ?

ETA : we used to use lotion, cut that out. we used to use the spermicidal condoms, cut that out. we bought KY a couple weeks ago, and it's still hurting. we'll try using more though, i always tell him not a lot though so i'll stop that and see if that's what it is. thank you ladies for the advice.

i'm alive but i'm barely breathing. just prayed to a God i don't even believe in. what can i say ? i'm falling to pieces<3

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x_sabine_x
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Maybe it's from too much friction. Try using more lube.

-Ellen-

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM

sounds like a lubrication issue...

tisacutie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM

it sounds like you have semi chronic yeast infections. I get them and some times your body can heal them on its own and some times you need meds. I would have a dr check it out. good luck

CarolynS898
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I doubt that your body changed that much to have a latex allergy..... its highly improbable

tisacutie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

actually it is much more common than you wold think, my mother developed a latex alergy about 8 years ago...

Quoting CarolynS898:

I doubt that your body changed that much to have a latex allergy..... its highly improbable

Mrszxcop3land
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM

no, i mean instead of it just being my body changing it was/is a latex allergy this whole time.

Quoting CarolynS898:

i'm alive but i'm barely breathing. just prayed to a God i don't even believe in. what can i say ? i'm falling to pieces<3

RissaBusch
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Yea you can totally develop an allergy at any point in your life.  I was not allergic to latex until I started nursing school.  About half way through I developed a latex allergy.

OP, it doesn't really sound like an allergy.  Maybe more of a lubrication issue.

Quoting tisacutie:

actually it is much more common than you wold think, my mother developed a latex alergy about 8 years ago...

Quoting CarolynS898:

-xoxo-
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I had some pain and burning after sex when my dh and I used condoms. My doctor told me that it wasn't a latex allergy, I'm allergic to the spermicide on the condoms. She told me that most women are and it actually weakens the rubber. 

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Yes, it is more common in people that have a high exposure to latex. 

OP~ I think the first step is just trying more lube.

Quoting RissaBusch:

Yea you can totally develop an allergy at any point in your life.  I was not allergic to latex until I started nursing school.  About half way through I developed a latex allergy.

OP, it doesn't really sound like an allergy.  Maybe more of a lubrication issue.

diva73
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I have an latex allergy but it always hurt me, like all my life.  Im not sure if its latex or not try lube or try a non latex condom.  the best thing to do is talk to your doctor.  simple smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)