Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 in January/want to celebrate, but Im BFing..... HELP! **POLL**

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I have a drink on my 21st Bday?

Options:

Yes, Just pump milk before hand

No, not if your breastfeeding

Other (always an other, please Explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

I'm gonna be turning 21 in January and I want to go out to dinner with my family. I really want to have a drink for the 1st time with my meal, like wine or something, just to celebrate.

Thing is I am Breastfeeding my daughter, She will be almost 5 months and I dont know if I can drink or not.

I only want 1 drink, nothing more since my mom was an alcoholic and I hate drunk people, lol.

Can I still have a small glass of wine and have some bottles pumped for her before hand or should I just not drink at all.

VISIT MY WEBSITE AT:

http://www.creativelyyoursscrapbooking.yolasites.com/  Now offering Birth Announcements and Invitations!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kizbee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM

You can absolutely have a glass of wine.  Pump some milk to feed her, and then pump and dump a couple of hours after your wine.  It'll be fine.  Some doctors even say you don't have to pump and dump if you only had one glass of wine.

hautemama83
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

You can have a drink and still be able to nurse. Just wait an hour afterwards. Rule of thumb if you dont feel "drunk", then you're fine to nurse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i.heart.rachel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I was pregnant on my 21st. I remember those days. I have no idea if it's okay.

BUMP

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, tutu making WAH momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

tialisa
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Quoting hautemama83:

You can have a drink and still be able to nurse. Just wait an hour afterwards. Rule of thumb if you dont feel "drunk", then you're fine to nurse.

so nurse just before your famiy dinner then enjoy yourself...

hautemama83
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM

PUMPING AND DUMPING IS A HUGE WASTE! and totally not necessary!  That is one of the biggest misinformed statements about drinking while breastfeeding.

Quoting Kizbee:

You can absolutely have a glass of wine.  Pump some milk to feed her, and then pump and dump a couple of hours after your wine.  It'll be fine.  Some doctors even say you don't have to pump and dump if you only had one glass of wine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

x_sabine_x
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

My 21st bday is on Sunday but I'm not drinking, even though I'm not BFing. I've been drinking (not excessively) since I was 15 so it's nothing new for me. I'm actually pretty bored of alcohol.

But anyway, my step mom was a bar tender and she did the bump and dump thing.

-Ellen-

tabi_cat1023
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:56 PM

If you are sober to drive you are sober to nurse, very little alcohol gets into your milk with one drink because it is metabolised by your body so fast.  No need to pump and dump you don't do that for your blood why your milk...one drink nurse that baby...google alchol and breastfeeding and you'll get the LLL site and kellymom too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)