Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mom sometimes. *vent*

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

so i was bitching on facebook last night because i was packing (we're moving this week) and he was playing call of duty. so i'm talking to my mom and she's like "so he wasnt helping you pack huh? the honeymoon's over. now you're starting to see his true colors. now you're gonna see how he really is." she makes marriages seem horrible! and now that we've been together for over 2 years,  he's gonna supposedly start turning into a bad guy. idk, kinda bothered me. just because her marriage is on the rocks doesnt mean that mine is gonna be. now yeah, he shouldve helped me pack but is he? haha no. call of duty is way more important. (sarcasm) but i dont resent him for it. i dont hate him for it. i dunno ladies, just needed to let it out.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MikeysMom51108
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Moms always think they know best.

Whenever I used to vent to my mom about my husband--she would always say things like "you're too good for him", "you can find better", "he's not worth it", etc...over the littlest things! Then, I reminded her that her boyfriend is extremely abusive, and she stays with him--so she really has no room to talk.....She's much nicer about my husband now.

Or maybe your mom's more like my stepmom and doesn't like seeing you happy. Anytime I'm very obviously happy with something in my life--my stepmom has to either be extremely negative or try to "one-up" me. It's like she just doesn't want me to be happy or something.....

I don't know....I didn't mean to take over venting =) Good luck!

brittneyon
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM

hahaha. its ok! we all need to vent! idk which it is. maybe its the second. because she's not happy in her marriage.

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Moms always think they know best.

Whenever I used to vent to my mom about my husband--she would always say things like "you're too good for him", "you can find better", "he's not worth it", etc...over the littlest things! Then, I reminded her that her boyfriend is extremely abusive, and she stays with him--so she really has no room to talk.....She's much nicer about my husband now.

Or maybe your mom's more like my stepmom and doesn't like seeing you happy. Anytime I'm very obviously happy with something in my life--my stepmom has to either be extremely negative or try to "one-up" me. It's like she just doesn't want me to be happy or something.....

I don't know....I didn't mean to take over venting =) Good luck!

treehugger823
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

wow that would get frustrating.... but as for what your mom said... its not always like that. honestly the first two years of my marriage were the hardest. we had our third anniversary in may, and this has been the best year so far. we've settled alot of our differences and learned to live with each other.

but its different for every relationship. some relationships go through the honeymoon phase then they get worse, some you have to fight your way through the benning, then the relationship grows and becomes wonderful. you know what your relationship is doing. just dont let her negativity affect your marriage. just tell her "mom i'm just pissed off at him right now. it doesnt mean anything."

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
-xoxo-
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I vented to my dad about my dh once and he said, "You're the one that spread your legs and had kids with the guy, you're stuck with him for life. It doesn't matter if he cheats, beats you, or whatever you can't leave now." Yeah.....I wasn't even venting about anything major!! I've learned that parents are just like everyone else in this world, they're going to have opinions on stuff and sometimes they're just plain wrong. P.S. my dh is going to buy the new COD next week and I doubt I'll ever see him again lol!! 

brittneyon
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM

lol. its a really short game though. but then you have to worry about playing online and whatnot. and pp, thank you. it has been a hard 2 years and we fight a lot, but we'll make it...and i know we will.

Quoting -xoxo-:

I vented to my dad about my dh once and he said, "You're the one that spread your legs and had kids with the guy, you're stuck with him for life. It doesn't matter if he cheats, beats you, or whatever you can't leave now." Yeah.....I wasn't even venting about anything major!! I've learned that parents are just like everyone else in this world, they're going to have opinions on stuff and sometimes they're just plain wrong. P.S. my dh is going to buy the new COD next week and I doubt I'll ever see him again lol!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)