Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off from another post "fat" edited

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 82 Replies

Poll

Question: do you think children that are overweight are cute?

Options:

yes

no

explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 155

View Results

I dont care if their adults that are fat, but when i see children that are obese it pisses me off to no end! i dont understand why ppl think that fat babies/toddles/children are cute. When the children are facing to have diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and such in the long run! if an adult doesnt care then so be it its their choice but dont ruin a childs future by feeding them crap for food. A child slowly dying is not cute!

so my question is to you all do you think fat is cute?

NO bashing of others or their children please its just a question

ok so i finished reading the replies and first off by fat i didnt mean medical issues, genetics and such it was more of a health question. for those who said that they dont judge by looks...seriously?...everyone around the world is judged by looks i bet their isnt one day that someone doesnt look at someone and doesnt pass judgement! and i didnt mean little chubby monkey babies i mean the really obese babies u know the ones! ( mommy is too busy to pick up the baby to soothe so instead she shoves bottle after bottle in his face just to shut him up)

ooh and for the mom who said i was only passing judgement im doing research for school im pre med so dont think i just decided to go on here and say crap about ppl...cuz if i worded it wrong then sorry but i was mad at the time! ooh and everyone is entitled to their own opinions u said ur so be gone!

back to homework will be back later!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K.a.C.87
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM

it depends how FAT...it kinda makes me mad too....like, people are def not teaching their children healthy eating habbits and active play. (not always the case thou so i dont say anything because i dont know)

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

chubby cherubs will always be cute.  but obese kids are just depressing...like the girls on desperate housewives...not cute at all.

Earth-Angel
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Depends! if they have a little fat like baby fat, yes some. But, not obese! JMO! 

quirkyMOMof2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I don't think there is a such thing as a fat baby.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Earth-Angel:

Depends! if they have a little fat like baby fat, yes some. But, not obese! JMO! 

well all my kids were chubby, excluding my middle child, he was skinny as they come. my kids were never so fat that it was unhealthy though, and once they started walking, they thin out.

so really it depends.

In rememberance of Shane, Loving father and husband to Ashley and Skylie. 9-11-09

LuvmySFSGT
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I think it is sad...very very sad. And it makes me angry when I see the parents who are also overweight...and they are stuffing their cart or face with junk.

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM

http://jmbblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/obese_baby.jpg

yes, there are fat babies

Quoting quirkyMOMof2:

lilberber
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM

poor bub! he sure is going to have a hard time getting up to walk.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

http://jmbblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/obese_baby.jpg

yes, there are fat babies

Quoting quirkyMOMof2:

isles
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM

So now ya'll are bashing kids?

Base everything on looks-

Seems health would override everything-

You don't know what health problems a child could have or what medications they are taking-

To judge anyone by a grocery basket, what in the world?

Not the least of which-It's NOT your business!

kiralyn
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM

i think it is sad because it will be a hard life for them. but people can be very mean about. my dd was on steroids for a long time, she got chunky and she got a "moon face" really fat cheeks. people gave me dirty looks sometimes. or looked at her weird. it also made her face and arms hairy,not like a man hairy, but more hair than usual,  so they could have been doing it because of that. but you can never know why a child is the way they are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)