Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infomercials..... anyone else notice this? lol

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 21 Replies

The many ways they over exaggerate in ALL of them? Ha ha

The toothpaste, touch in squeeze or whatever it is.... the part where they squeeze half the tube into the sink?

I have a solution: Don't squeeze so hard.

The perfect brownie? Which is kinda cool and I want one.... the part where they show the brownies baked to the pan and the spatula breaks when shes trying to get them out?

Solution: Grease the pan BEFORE putting the batter in, and don't cook them so long. The box says 45-50 minutes. Not 4-5 hours. EVEN IF you get the perfect brownie pan, not grease and overcook the brownies, they'll still be like that. lol

The snuggie! Do you have problems keeping your arms in the blanket?

Solution: Get a robe. (Unless you're like me and want the "free" reading light. haha)

The neckline slimmer! ................ *silence* .......... LMAO!

Solution: Just watch this commercial. The laughing from how silly this product is should tighten up every muscle in your body. Three different springs? Oh the laughter, it hurts.

The wonder hanger? The commercial where all the clothes fall on the floor from being hung on *gasp* regular hangers.

Solution: One piece of clothing per hanger.

Shooooooes UUUNDER! ... really? Have people actually bought this thing?

Solution: Arrange your shoes in the bottom of your closet neatly. Don't just kick them off in fits of glee at the end of your day. Sit down, remove the shoes, right to left, left to right. Whatever it is that you do and set them down, nicely in a row. Ta da. Saved you 10 bucks.

The Vidalia onion chopper, or any knife or chopping type product. Always an exaggeration. Correct? Chopping fingers off, taking too long... blah blah.

Solution: Make sure the knife is sharp enough, hold it correctly, and keep your fingers out of the way. The Vidalia onion chopper IS pretty cool though. My MIL has one. Haha

Under the door "draft" stopper thingy. The one where the lady hurts her back from just bending over to move the towel back in front of the door.

Solution: Use your foot next time. It works wonders.

The magic Bullet. Don't even GET me started on this glorified mini soup maker. It doesn't chop. It blends.

Solution: Buy a real blender. It lasts longer and holds more.

Im, Laura. I hope you learned that from my screen name. If not, well now you know. I live in Alaska. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Snow Ninja. Although, my day job is standing outside in front of my igloo looking like Igloo Trash in my snow boots, seal skin tank top & short skirt and screaming profanities at my neighbors. I'm marvelous, I know. I have a daughter named Lorelai. Her daddy is Chris and together we make one big family of Igloo trash. Be Jealous.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

LOL.. I know.. dang u came up with the good ones I cant think of anymore??

SandraJo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM

LOL, i need to find the vid i found of an infomercial guy, you'd love it.

But that shoe under thingy, i want one! We have no room on our closet floor for all my shoes. I would love to have a thing i could just pull out from under the bed, and at a glance find the pair i want.

meghan451
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM

haha i hate infomercials just because they're so stupid like that. my favorite is the sham wow. 

CafeMom Tickers
isaiahsmomma86
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM

LOL

Heather- I am a  vaxing, non CIO, disposable diapering, formula feeding, stay at home mommy to Isaiah and happily married to the best hubby ever, Patrick.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM

haha As kind of a "silly" gift I'm getting SO a snuggie. lol He's always wrapping himself in like 3 blankets (he's 6'5) when he plays his computer games. We saw the commercial for a snuggie & he was like, Hey, I need that! But they are ugly! lol I told him I would get the leopard one.

SandraJo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM

heavenlyangl420
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM

i wanted a snuggie lol but thats only cuz i was looking online and saw lots of pics of people going on pub crawls with theirs and making costumes 

l

adamsmama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Yeah they're so over the top. I always remember this one for a waxing kit that showed a lady shaving and you would have thought she was trying to single handedly save the world or something because she was having such a difficult time. There was shaving cream on the damn walls and she had like 50 cuts on her legs and was screaming and crying, falling over LOL.

Laura4807
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:18 PM

omg. LOL.... shaving cream on the walls.... hahaha

Quoting adamsmama:

Yeah they're so over the top. I always remember this one for a waxing kit that showed a lady shaving and you would have thought she was trying to single handedly save the world or something because she was having such a difficult time. There was shaving cream on the damn walls and she had like 50 cuts on her legs and was screaming and crying, falling over LOL.

Laura4807
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:19 PM

that was really funny.. the end was a little much. But thats ok. haha... thats how everyone would be if life really was like infomercials. haha

Quoting SandraJo:

wb_GNzfEBKI

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)