Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving Dinner. Where to go???

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

We (like most people) are a split family.  Here's the issue I face.  Where to go.  My Mom's, Dad's, In-laws, sisters??????????  It's all very confusing.  My husband and I have been trying to divide it up every year, go here one year, go there the following, but it becomes a pain bec our kids also must think when the times that they will be visiting their bio mom/dad.  Wouldn't it be easier to just rent a hall and invite the ENTIRE family??? Please give advise.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WifeandMommy06
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM

We are having that issue too. we have 3 famlies to go to.. this year i tried to plan a big family thanksgiving for all 3 families but things feel apart so now we are doing our own and not inviting anyone..

It would be best to just hold 1 big family dinner but then it might not go as well as you plan.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

wedding ticker

fungamer
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I may just say the heck with it and just do an "immediate family" dinner here at home.  Sounds easier and less stressful. :) 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM

wave

Welcome to CafeMom!

Please say hello to the other moms introducing themselves here.  You add a reply to their post, visit their page and send out friend invitations! 

You'll find lots of Moms talking in our main forum - The Newcomers Club - Active discussion forum.   Feel free to join in - reply to posts and start some posts of your own!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups.

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:
Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

SweetPea708
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Same here, i have my grandmothers i go to, my boyfriends cousins and then his uncles. I know me and the boy will be going to my grandmothers but i dont know where he is going. Theres no getting family together here. our familys are very diffrent, and wouldnt get along very well.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)