Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD found money....what do i do? Advice please.....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: DD found money...return or keep it?

Options:

Try to return again.

Let her keep it.

Other...cause there always is one.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 127

View Results

okay i seriously need some advice. we were taking our puppy for a walk and my 9 yr old DD found a 10 dollar bill. i dont feel right keeping it, so we went up to the house where we found the bill and i knocked on the door. i know someone was home. i could hear voice...adult ones....but no one came to the door. i knocked several times too. Then we went on our way. now the question is....since i did try to return the money...do i try again 2morrow or do i let DD keep the money? i do want to teach her right from wrong and we did try and return the money....but no one would answer the door. Please help me out with this.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

let her keep it...you taught her that you should try to give the money back, and you did...it's not your fault they didnt answer 

mrs.salinas.10
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

OMG its only $10, founders keepers losers weepers....let the kid keep the money, dont be a mean mom lol.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM

If it was in a common area like the sidewalk I would probably have her donate it to the animal shelter or something. If it was on the property I would try again...1 more time...and then I would have her donate it.

mommam58122
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM

i agree with the first pp you tried to do the right thing and they didnt answer your money now 

Follow me join my groups No Backing down momma's

ColtonKeatonMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I would let her keep it. I think you have showed her that she needs to return the money. If you feel confident that she'd return it if she found it at a store or watched it fall out of someone's pocket. If it was on the sidewalk outside someone's house it may not even belong to who lived there either. I think you've done the right thing.

hautemama83
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Quoting mrs.salinas.10:

OMG its only $10, founders keepers losers weepers....let the kid keep the money, dont be a mean mom lol.

Seriously right lol. Hell I found $500 rolled up in the gutter when I was 17 and I kept it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

isles
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM

No, It's not your fault they didn't answer the door-

It becomes your fault if you keep it-

IMO--Donate the money--

lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

If it was in a common area like the sidewalk I would probably have her donate it to the animal shelter or something. If it was on the property I would try again...1 more time...and then I would have her donate it.

I like this idea.

I'd also like to add, that I'm a big believer in Karma. I found $42 in the parking lot at work & I turned it in to the front desk. About a week or so later I got a phone call from a collection agency that I owed money to, saying that my bill of $1500 was paid in full. WTH?? I was so flippin happy.

brandneweyes
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Here's my thing when I find cash. Pretty much anyone you take it to is going to say it's theirs, and most likely it's not...because it's cash. So if I were you I would take it to McDonald's and put it in the Ronald McDonald box (it supports the Ronald McDonald House), or any kind of charity. I wouldn't let her keep it, but that's just me.

LittleMomma13
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Teach her to use it for something good. Since its not really hers she should donate it or use its to make someone else's life better in some way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)