Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So how do you WORKOUT at home without feeling lazy about it?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

Sometimes when I'm really into it I can dance or workout high-intensity and work up a sweat. Other weeks, lazy as hell feeling, and just want to do leg lifts or something like that, which is fine (at least building muscle).

But....how do you get into videos. I just can never get into them. My sis swears by ones like Jillian Michaels and I just would probably put 10% effort and give up. lol.....I mean it's something you gotta work up to, right? In an actual class, I would try harder, lol

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sassired8
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I'm the same way....

1cmsiggy-13.jpg My turkey day siggy picture by fgmeda05

MARIE20
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I am the same way id rather walk my daughter to school and call that my workout for the day.

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 6:08 AM

my child usually interrupts me, so I dont really use them.  You dont have to sweat to still be burning calories!

TruePuppyLove
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 6:19 AM

Quoting MARIE20:

I am the same way id rather walk my daughter to school and call that my workout for the day.

I agree with this poster. I do much better "working out" if I pick a chore that will wear me out at the same time. Then I am motivated to keep going. I might decide to spend the day polishing all the wood furniture in the house (it is a 5000sq ft house...lots to do). Or I might decide to give all 7 rescue labs a bath, nail trlm, tooth brushing, hair trimming, ear cleaning....then clean the dog shower, then wash and dry all the towels...oh yeah, then I am DONE and SORE. I do much better with chores than with a "workout." I spend most of any time I spend trying to workout thinking about all that needs to get done around the house. I will walk on the treadmill and think, "this room is dusty, or I need to mop the wood floors, or where did that cobweb come from?" It drives me nuts.

If you have older young kids at home, get them into the act with you. A 3,4,5 year old will love walking or mopping, or doing whatever with mom. Bonus is it will wear them out too. Maybe they will nap a little easier or longer for you. When my neices are at our house for a sleepover, they BEG to help with anything that requires going up & down our stairs. Their house is a ranch, and our house has an open staircase where you can see down to the 1st floor. I will put in a movie and make popcorn, and if I get up to do the next load of laundry (upstairs) they are both all over me..."i'll help, I can help...I know how to fold towels...please...." Geez, my baby is due in 9 more weeks.....praying she is this excited to "help."

Good luck with the workout. Other tips for motivation, set a timer. Tell yourself you are not a quitter and you are going to keep doing "x" until your time is up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)