Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help asap!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

so we are potty training my son... he goes pee on the potty fine but he wont poop on the potty, which is fine, i dont pressure him. but here lately he wont poop at all.. hell hold it til he cant anymore and it makes him miserable but he WILL NOT go. he really needs to go right now but he wont.. he just keeps walking around in circles.. ive tried everything i can think of.. encouragement doesnt work.. what can i do to make him realize its ok to poop?

(he tells me it doesnt hurt to poop when i ask him that too, plus ive given him a little bit of prune juice just in case he was constipated)

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TheSinFamily
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM

how old is he? are you doing any reward system with him? (I used M&M's - they got 1 for pee and 2 for poop) Is he going on a little potty or the big one?

LollipopDream
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I did this when I was little also. My mom said I held it so long that the poop just had to come out and I crapped all over the place. If he refuses to go it will happen on it's own after a while. He will hold it and after a while he will get the runs.

namaste137
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Funny thing, we're potty training our daughter and i can pretty much only get her to go poop. This is probably going to sound wierd but we make funny faces at each other so she doesn't get too shy to go with me there. A book told me that for some reason children can be very shy about going poop around someone. now if you have any advice on getting her to tell us when she needs to pee and not just when she doesn't want to go to bed...

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM

My daughter is 3.5 and STILL wont poop in the potty. She has been pee potty trained forever, and did poop in the potty for a little while, but then stopped, sayin there are monsters in there that will get her if she poops...I dunno man. All in time I gues...

I am a 24 year old SAHM of 2 beautiful kids that are the light of my life and my reason for living! I've found the love of my life and we have made a beautiful home together. I'm starting college and am working toward an RN degree...Life is perfect!

kayla4507
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Quoting TheSinFamily:

how old is he? are you doing any reward system with him? (I used M&M's - they got 1 for pee and 2 for poop) Is he going on a little potty or the big one?

yes, im doing the reward system with him. He used to get m&ms when he went pee on the potty, but hes been doing that for a while and doesnt need a reward because he gets pretty proud of himself lol.. if he goes poop, he gets gum(its his favorite thing) right now im just trying to get him to poop, i dont care if its in his pull up or on the potty. He has a small one and uses the big one.

TheLastLetter
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM

try putting him in the warm tub.  it might relax him enough to make him want to go.

MelaniesMama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:42 PM

My DD is 2.5 & wants complete privacy when shes pooping on the toilet. lol 
She says "go away, shut the door please!"  And when shes done she yells for me or my DH. 
She refuses to poop on her 'little potty'.  It has to be on the 'big  potty'.  So I bought one of those inserts that sit on top of the toilet seat so she doesnt fall in. lol
Sometimes she even requires a little toy to play with while pooping.  lm not kidding!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)