Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Nurse @ my kids Doc is Full of shit

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM
  • 21 Replies

I took my kids to the peds the other day and thei weighed my 4 year old she was 36 pounds and my 3 year old was 30 pounds.... the Nurse goes ohhhh mmmmm well a little heavy

excuse me?! my son has to wear 18 month old pants b.c the 2T and 3T's fall off him

How dare that nurse say my kids are fat..

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jacqalyn
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, he's a cutie and looks perfect to me def. doesn't look big to me. Some people are just ignorant.

sophistcatdfury
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM

it seems like every nurse is full of shit, but it may be the charts, not the bitch

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:27 PM

they r not fat at all they r so cute they r tall

my 7 year old is on 40 to 45 pounds

he tall

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM

WOW!! My 3 year old DD is 32 pounds and skinnnyyyy! My 6 month old is a lil over 20 pounds..wonder what that nurse would think about her!! lol

Eveshalloween
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM

my daughter is 55 pounds, and tall for her age, she is three~ your son is DEF not heavy..my daughter is chunky lol

CarolynS898
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I know they arnt fat it just amazes me that she says i should be worried about them being overweight and their health..... they are tiny things. i could feed them pudding all day and they would stay that size. the only good thing their father gave them was his metabolism

mommy2jeremiah
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Funny cuz my 2 year old only weighs 27 lbs and is at the low end of the weight chart. I don't see 30lbs being too heavy and he looks fine in the pic and your daughter does as well. As long as you are feeding them a healthy diet I wouldnt worry about it.

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM

did u tell her anything? it really is none of her business how much your kids weigh. she shouldnt worry about it

Quoting CarolynS898:

I know they arnt fat it just amazes me that she says i should be worried about them being overweight and their health..... they are tiny things. i could feed them pudding all day and they would stay that size. the only good thing their father gave them was his metabolism

zackaroosmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM

My 3 yr old is 33lbs and my 22 month old is 29lbs so I guess my kids are overwieght. According to our pedi, my 3 yr old is underweight while my younger son is about 80th percentile in weight. 

sll1976
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM

My 4 yr old SS is 45 lbs and off the charts for BMI (on the chubby side) and my DS is 3 and weighs 32 lbs. and his BMI is in the 45 th percentile...so your kids are definitely not heavy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)