Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOUCHING I LOVE MY PET B/C STORIES

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a horse Her name is Caliber May She is my baby I love her I met her at about 1 year old and I looked into her big brown horse eyes and I just knew before she was my horse that she was mine. We are some how connected I cant explain it When Im sad she is in the barn yelling (whinnying) When I do the chores or am outside or in the barn working with her she talks to me. I love her sooo much. Here I am walking her Shes in training LOL shes not quite two so we can not ride her yet but she is learning to lead and trust me.

Share your animal love stories

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JSA8914
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I was engaged to an abusive guy.  When I finally broke it off, I had no friends to turn to for help-I had shut them all out for this guy. I got online and decided to look for a small dog that I could take anywhere I decided to move. I found a black chihuahua. I bought Duncan Hines (yes, like the cakes) in Oklahoma in Sept. of 2003 and he's still my baby and I think a life-saver to this day, even though I got married, we bought another dog, and then had a baby.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Thats awesome TY for shareing

Quoting JSA8914:

I was engaged to an abusive guy.  When I finally broke it off, I had no friends to turn to for help-I had shut them all out for this guy. I got online and decided to look for a small dog that I could take anywhere I decided to move. I found a black chihuahua. I bought Duncan Hines (yes, like the cakes) in Oklahoma in Sept. of 2003 and he's still my baby and I think a life-saver to this day, even though I got married, we bought another dog, and then had a baby.

SunnyJoJo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM

she's so pretty!I love horses!

Um well I had a cat Hefty groing up and she was my cat. She would snuggle in when I would go to sleep and always be there when I woke up. When I would cry she would get up in my face and lick my cheeks until I laughed. When I was mad and yelling she would go circles around me and just peep (she couldn't meow) until I'd stop. I swear she knew what I was thinking and feeling all the time. She was consantly with me and when I was gone she would wander the halls peeping and looking for me. My only regret is that I couldn't be there with her when she passed away. She was really the best cat ever.

our old dog Max actually saved my brother's life on 2 seperate occasions but I'll share the best one. My brother stopped breathing in his sleep (they never found a reason) and Max literally broke some nails off his paw scratching on my mom and dad's door and he led them down to my brother's room.

that was truely the most amazing thing Max did, he was always with my brother and they loved eachother so much.

Our family is little and broken, but still good.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:39 PM

WOW thats amazeing and TY I love my Callie may too.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

she's so pretty!I love horses!

Um well I had a cat Hefty groing up and she was my cat. She would snuggle in when I would go to sleep and always be there when I woke up. When I would cry she would get up in my face and lick my cheeks until I laughed. When I was mad and yelling she would go circles around me and just peep (she couldn't meow) until I'd stop. I swear she knew what I was thinking and feeling all the time. She was consantly with me and when I was gone she would wander the halls peeping and looking for me. My only regret is that I couldn't be there with her when she passed away. She was really the best cat ever.

our old dog Max actually saved my brother's life on 2 seperate occasions but I'll share the best one. My brother stopped breathing in his sleep (they never found a reason) and Max literally broke some nails off his paw scratching on my mom and dad's door and he led them down to my brother's room.

that was truely the most amazing thing Max did, he was always with my brother and they loved eachother so much.

beans13
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM

We got Meatball as a kitten, a few months later got pregnant.  He is not overly cuddly with me - definately "chose" DH as his person.  But, while I was pregnant he would lay on my belly all the time.  A week before my due date he came into the bedroom one night and was vomiting, he was crying and woke us up.  I got up and saw there will tiny puddles of watery vomit everywhere.  He led me to the living room where there were tons more.  DH and I didn't know what to do. 

We took him to the vet first thing in the morning.  He was lethargic and just layed there.  The vet took xrays and said there was a blockage and advised us to euthanize immediately becuase he was in pain.   You do not tell this to a 9 month pregnant woman.  My DH looked at her - said "give me the x-rays and give me my cat".  We paid $350 and left.  We were driving around and I called vet after vet and no one would see him.  I called my friend and she gave me a # of a vet she knew.  They told me to bring him immediately and they would hold a vet to see him.....Here we met Dr. Pepper Jones (no joke that was his name).  He took one look at me and the half dead cat in my arms and sprung into action.  I was blubbering the whole time.

He said he would have to do a series of barium xrays and if he survived would go from there.  We nervously asked about price.  He sat at his computer and played with numbers until we came to an agreement.  I was not in my right mind.  They found the blockage and had to operate.  It was half a bendy straw blocking the small to large intestine (or other way around - can't remember).  If they had not operated he would have died.  I kept calling to check up on him and they were amazing (even when I would ask for Dr. Pepper by mistake instead of Dr. Jones).   He came home and had to have 3 different pills 3 times a day.  I was terrified about what would happen when I had to go to the hospital to give birth.  They told us if that happened, bring him back and they would board him and make sure he received them - free of charge.

I wanted our daughter to grow up with him and now they can.  We do not live near this vet anymore but I will take him there if need be because they rocked.

Maya and Meatball sleep together and play together and are the best of friends.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM

That made me tear up. Im glad that you poted to save Meat ball.

Quoting beans13:

We got Meatball as a kitten, a few months later got pregnant.  He is not overly cuddly with me - definately "chose" DH as his person.  But, while I was pregnant he would lay on my belly all the time.  A week before my due date he came into the bedroom one night and was vomiting, he was crying and woke us up.  I got up and saw there will tiny puddles of watery vomit everywhere.  He led me to the living room where there were tons more.  DH and I didn't know what to do. 

We took him to the vet first thing in the morning.  He was lethargic and just layed there.  The vet took xrays and said there was a blockage and advised us to euthanize immediately becuase he was in pain.   You do not tell this to a 9 month pregnant woman.  My DH looked at her - said "give me the x-rays and give me my cat".  We paid $350 and left.  We were driving around and I called vet after vet and no one would see him.  I called my friend and she gave me a # of a vet she knew.  They told me to bring him immediately and they would hold a vet to see him.....Here we met Dr. Pepper Jones (no joke that was his name).  He took one look at me and the half dead cat in my arms and sprung into action.  I was blubbering the whole time.

He said he would have to do a series of barium xrays and if he survived would go from there.  We nervously asked about price.  He sat at his computer and played with numbers until we came to an agreement.  I was not in my right mind.  They found the blockage and had to operate.  It was half a bendy straw blocking the small to large intestine (or other way around - can't remember).  If they had not operated he would have died.  I kept calling to check up on him and they were amazing (even when I would ask for Dr. Pepper by mistake instead of Dr. Jones).   He came home and had to have 3 different pills 3 times a day.  I was terrified about what would happen when I had to go to the hospital to give birth.  They told us if that happened, bring him back and they would board him and make sure he received them - free of charge.

I wanted our daughter to grow up with him and now they can.  We do not live near this vet anymore but I will take him there if need be because they rocked.

beans13
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM

It was hard....it cost us $2k,  we really did not have the money.  We had saved some for the beginning of my mat leave incase my UI did not kick in.  It was our saving grace....The day I picked him up I was terrified because I only had $1K and I didn't know what they were going to say.....they said to come back when we had the balance.  DH actually went and paid them the day after DD was born.

I swear that I believe she was 9 days late for this reason....so that I could be there to take care of him.

Oh ya - they saved the straw for us too - ewwww.  He used to play fetch with them all they time...why he ate one I'll never know but since then straws are banned from our house.

Quoting mamafor6:

That made me tear up. Im glad that you poted to save Meat ball.

Quoting beans13:

mom2four1978
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I adopted my cat Nacho along with his brother Colby (RIP) from the ASPCA in Las Vegas almost 4 years ago. I love Nacho because he knows that I hate winter and am perpetually cold in the winter. All winter long he sleeps on my extremely cold feet whenever I am sitting down or sleeping myself. He does not sleep with anyone at any other time.

When I was a kid I had a cat named Freckles. We agreed to take her in because we lived in the country and she was so aggressive that she had been moved on from 3 other homes. She was not what I would call friendly at all. When I was 16 I went through something that was emotionally devastating. I literally laid on the living room floor on a blanket for three weeks. I barely ate, I did not speak, I just laid there and stared occasionally sobbing. But freckles laid there with me almost the whole time. I don't remember her ever leaving my side, but my mom later told me that she would wait until I was asleep and then get something to eat, a drink, potty and then she went right back to me. That is love and dedication.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

SunnyJoJo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Your telling me! Lol! If it wasn't for Max (twice) I wouldn't have a brother at all. Who knows if he would have started breathing again or if he would have just passed away in his sleep. That dog was the best dog we've ever had, seriously he's been gone now for over 10 years and we still talk fondly of him and about how great he was.

Quoting mamafor6:

WOW thats amazeing and TY I love my Callie may too.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Our family is little and broken, but still good.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM

these stories are making me cry!!!

I don't have any that are too much of tear jerkers.... we have 2 kitties and a dog, all rescues.  We adopted our dog about 2 months before I got pregnant.  I got laid off shortly before (or the same week, really close) that I got pregnant.  My husband was doing great at work at the time (100% commission) so we weren't super worried I got laid off.  Then his job crashed, the company started closing support offices left and right and cutting products and we were broke and in a not so great spot.  I was home alone all day with Cooper and he was great.... always by my side and my walking buddy.  I was pretty depressed and worried.  Thankfully my husband got a more steady job a few months later.  When our son came home Cooper was instantly attached to the baby.  13 months later they are partners in crime and best buddies.  We all got lucky when his rescue group saved him from the dump someone tried to throw him out in!  Life would be pretty boring (and fur free) without him.  And our cats would be more overweight since the time they run around is wen Cooper chases them:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)