Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG. WTF?!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM
  • 28 Replies

Lol. Changed the title so maybe someone will at least open it.

When do you put up your Christmas tree? I usually put ours up Thanksgiving weekend. I am excited I cant wait to get our tree. I am a big kid at heart! lol. And we wait until New Years day to take it down. Don't want any more bad luck sent our way! lol.

So if you put up a tree when do you put it up and when do you take it down?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddoxsmama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Bump 

maddoxsmama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Seriously nobody wants to answer? Damn, how do I kill a post before it even gets started? Lol.

McKs0820
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

when i was a kid we would always put it up in dec and take it down after 3 kings day

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersI'm a devoted teenage mother, hs graduate who believes in pro life under any circumstances, never letting babies cry it out and vaccinations. Stay at home mom for now with a breastfed only baby, been with my SO 2years.

Kariann001

I put our tree up after Thanksgiving.My mom always said it was bad luck to put it up before. I just keep the tradition of putting it up the weekend after. Hope this helps.

school busKariAnn typing

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

We live with MIL..she usually puts hers up downstairs after Thanksgiving.  Sometime the week following.  We have a 2 foot tree we have upstairs.  I'll put it up next weekend.  Santa visits our room, where our tree is.  MIL sleeps until noon, so, there's no point in dragging the gifts downstairs.  DH comes home from work at 7 am, the girls wake and we do Christmas upstairs.  Then, when MIL wakes, she'll do her gifts to the girls.  Mine will come down sometime around new year, hers will come down about the same time.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
xaviersmamacita
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

um usually right after thanksgiving but i dont know about this year still need to get the tree =) an we take it down after new years as well

jenn75

I usually do it thanksgiving weekend but last year I just didn't feel like it & put it up a week before xmas. Usually take it down newyears weekend.

Jennifer          

AJmum

There was just a post about this.

FL2AK
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

We will put ours up the weekend after Thankgiving and take it down by the end of the first week of the new year.  

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

after thanksgiving. There are so many of these posts

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)