Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is this!?!?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

I know the pictures aren't very good but DD has had this bump on her temple for about a week. About 2 days ago she woke up with what looked like a scab off of the bump that was in her hair ... thoughts? should i get it looked at?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJmum
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM

It looks like a spider bite to me. Is it getting better or worse?

ErikaRobin
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Quoting AJmum:

It looks like a spider bite to me. Is it getting better or worse?

That's my thought too.

gabe11-14
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Was there puss in it after the scab came off? It looks like a spider bite. Does it seem to be going away on it's own?

*There are only so many "Good Guys" in this world, I got lucky and was blessed with 2 of the best.

Mommi2Kailee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It doesn't seem to be doing anything

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM

It could be a spider bite. My oldest dd had one when she was younger right on her forehead and it was red and swelling. It turns out she had a local reaction to the bite and I ended up taking her to the ER to get checked out because it was on her head. It it gets red or swollen definitely get it checked, but if it just looks like its getting better, then no worries.

AJmum
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM

This might seem weird but try putting some white tooth paste on it, it will dry it out.

Mommi2Kailee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM

The scab was in her hair when she woke ... so no puss that i know of

Quoting gabe11-14:

Was there puss in it after the scab came off? It looks like a spider bite. Does it seem to be going away on it's own?

momma060709
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM

its some sort of bug bite! I would say spider but hard to tell. if it swells feels warm or gets really red take her in to get it checked out because it would be caused by infection. Good luck! 

CowleyK
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM

It looks like a spider bite. I would have it looked at if it has been there a week it has been there to long, in my opinion.

PROUD SINGLE MOTHER OF TWIN GIRLS, FORMULA FED, BOTTLE USING, SPANKING WHEN NEEDED, VACCINATING, CO-SLEEPING. AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. DONT TALK TO ME!!!

debelly
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Just be carefull A girl at my work,her daughter had a bump on her leg and it didnt get any better, she also thought it was a Spider bite, or Chigger bite, But it turned out she had scratched her self and had some dirt under her finger nail and it turned into Merca.... (not sure how to spell it) not to scare you... But I would keep an eye on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)