Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you found out your babysitter had AIDS/HIV would you still let them watch your child? ***PIOG***

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM
  • 77 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 247

View Results

I think the topic says it all.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Yes. I would hope that the person babysitting my child wouldnt be having sexual intercourse, or rubbing their blood into my child either. It wouldnt make a difference to me. The chances of getting it would be very slim.

I also have a medical condition that can be passed down through blood & bodily fluids & I work at a daycare. I take precautions just like everyone else.

perfectkitten
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM

bump 

imthatgirl728

Well I picked other because I couldn;t imagine leaving my kids with someone who I didn;t know well enough to already be privy to this info....and if this was new info I would expect the person would be someone already close to me so my children would be with them regardless of being babysat.

MzSeXyC

yes.

unless the baby sitter decides to have sex with the child, inject them with a dirty needle, or cuts their self and bleeds right into a cut/scrap on a child. they are not going to catch the virus. 

corsetedwife
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

No.  I am terrified of STD's and I wouldn't be comfortable with this situation.

TattedMommyof2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

This.  

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Yes. I would hope that the person babysitting my child wouldnt be having sexual intercourse, or rubbing their blood into my child either. It wouldnt make a difference to me. The chances of getting it would be very slim.

I also have a medical condition that can be passed down through blood & bodily fluids & I work at a daycare. I take precautions just like everyone else.

3earthangels
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I don't see why not. If I trusted her/him to care for my children before I found out, then what changed? The babysitter cannot tranmit HIV/AIDS with regular care of my children, and what a learning experience for myself & my kids.

jdscirto

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!

imthatgirl728

So if your babysitter had crabs would you also stop using them?

Quoting corsetedwife:

No.  I am terrified of STD's and I wouldn't be comfortable with this situation.

mrsmilfy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Honestly, I don't know. If it was someone I knew well, like a close family friend or family member, then yes. Anyone else? Not quite sure

Mommy to Ciara, Jamie, and a little girl on the way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)