Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Racist or Not?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Racist?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

Read this article I found. I think it's racist personally.

here

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Leah2229
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I don't think it's racist.  Neither one are well known actors, it has nothing to do with skin color.  I personally have never heard of either of them. 

KT9105
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I agree.  If they were more well known it would have been blatant racism, but I've never heard of them, the others are more well known.

Quoting Leah2229:

I don't think it's racist.  Neither one are well known actors, it has nothing to do with skin color.  I personally have never heard of either of them. 

skisbufly1
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Yes I think it is, because they say it was more for actors who would be recognized but I don't recognize anyone except Faizon Love, and Vince Vaughn... I don't know that's IMO...

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM

IDk if they removed them because they are AA then that racist, but if they removed them because they threw everthing off then thats not. Either way its sad that every little thing has to come back to race.

LuvinMyBoynGirl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I agree. It seems like no matter what people do, it always comes back to race. Obviously not everything, but you get the picture

Quoting misssy2000:

IDk if they removed them because they are AA then that racist, but if they removed them because they threw everthing off then thats not. Either way its sad that every little thing has to come back to race.

EnigmaMuse
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

No.. For international marketing. A company wants and needs it's most recognizable figures  prominately displayed in marketing ads and materials.  If the actors who play that couple are not internationally recognized, then why put them on an ad to draw in people.

savannahnhi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:47 PM

yes

Tazz2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:48 PM

no it wasn't but I'm sure some marketing director just lost their job

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)