Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO FRUSTURATED!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

So frusturated!!
I need help....
My 3year old DS, who is just a tad strong willed to put it nicely will not poop in the potty!
He has no problem peeing in the potty what so ever he is even I would say 95% nighttrained in that area also. He just refuses to tell me or to go poop in the potty!!
To answer the obvious questions, No he is not constipated and No he is not afraid of the potty and/or the noises it makes. About half the time he will tell me after he goes in his pants.
I have tried offering rewards like we did with #1 we had a little chart for each time he went and he got some sort of treat eachtime. This does not work, we've even offered big things like ice cream and trips to the toy store.. yes bribary! I have also tried putting him in the shower afterward to hose him off thinking it wouldn't be a reward to have me change him. (Read it on here)
I have no clue how to get him to go... :(
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Oh and no he doesn't turn red in the face or hide so its not a matter of just putting him on the potty when I see him start.

** Honestly 30 views and no replys?? isn't this what cafemom is really for and not to poll about ur SO's penis size or if u have anal sex? since those are gettting PLENTY of replys

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
aruhl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM

BUMP!

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:20 PM

This is a control issue.....

HE CAN CONTROL THIS.....

put him in pull-ups. and say nothing more about it.....

"YOU DO NOT CARE "

"UP TO HIM"

"LET HIM DECIDED"

aruhl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM

We symbolically threw away all diapers/pull ups to get him to use the potty to begin with.. he gets to wear them at night just for precaution... trust me he would be in pull ups till he was an adult if I let him. Thanks for the suggestion though

sharonrena
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM

As long as you know there is nothing medically wrong with him that is keeping him from pooping in the potty then try this........explain to him that every time he poops in his pants, you will take something of his away.  To earn the toy or whatever back, he has to poop in the potty.  Don't make a big deal about it.  When he poops his pants, just go and get one of his favorite toys and put away.  Make sure he knows and sees you do this and don't give it back if he gets whiny.  It worked for me and my 3 yr old.  Good luck. 

aruhl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:38 PM

No, there is nothing medically wrong with him that is making him not go in the potty.
 I will try this with him tomorrow, he typically only poops once a day sometimes more than once, so I guess he will lose the toy until the next day? Is that what you did?
I will try anything!

sharonrena
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Quoting aruhl:

No, there is nothing medically wrong with him that is making him not go in the potty.
 I will try this with him tomorrow, he typically only poops once a day sometimes more than once, so I guess he will lose the toy until the next day? Is that what you did?
I will try anything!

For me, I took away the toy until he pooped in the potty.  If he pooped his pants again the next day, then take another toy.  Don't give back any of the toys until he poops in the potty.  You may have a small box of toys before he gets the idea that you are serious and not giving in.  Let him earn them back one at a time..not all for one poop in the potty.  LOL   Also, you have to take away toys he actually plays with regularly, not some random toy that he will never miss.  Good luck and let me know how it works for you.  :O)

mamivon2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Has anything changed in his life? Anything he has no control over

aruhl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:48 PM

LOL I think I will have most of his toys..maybe even the dog then he will realize LOL
I will definetly try this out... I believe I'm going to be hearing alot of "I dont like you mommy" coming my way very soon...

Nope nothing has changed, thats why we started potty training when we did we knew we'd have a long time till anything would be disrupting him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)