Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There are no bad animals(pets), only bad people? (sort of spin off)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: No bad cats & dogs, only bad people?

Options:

True! People cause behavior problems in animals!

False! Some animals are just aggressive or bad!

Other(explain?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

Another post got me thinking...do you think there are no bad animals, only bad people? I'm of course talking about pets, and for the sake of argument lets say cats and dogs only so people won't be tempted to click "other" based on that vagueness. But do you think it's the owners or breeders that cause the problems?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DakotaRose
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM

There are bad apples in every species.... 

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Quoting abstractmommy:

Another post got me thinking...do you think there are no bad animals, only bad people? I'm of course talking about pets, and for the sake of argument lets say cats and dogs only so people won't be tempted to click "other" based on that vagueness. But do you think it's the owners or breeders that cause the problems?

I voted other because 90% of the behaviour issues are in fact due to poor training, and care of your animal, either through being lazy, uninformed or just plain stupid, and they dogs can and have been rehabilitated through hard work and consistency, I've done it, I've seen it.

But there are some animals that are results of poor breeding, rearing etc. That there is little to no helping.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Lmao, sorry, just thought your siggy was ironic considering your reply...

Quoting DakotaRose:

There are bad apples in every species.... 

CafeMom Tickers
allyson2212
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Absolutely!!! Well, most of the time. Sometimes it can come from bad breeding too. But I think the majority of the time its because people dont pay enough attention to their pets.  

ErikaRobin

I don't think it's quite as simple as that.  Some animals are just a better match than others.  

Regarding the "banned breeds", people have to be smart about them.  If a dog is animal aggressive by nature of the breed, then it needs an owner that is 100% the alpha pack leader.  Some people just make really bad decisions about what kind of dog they get. 

Cats, too! 

two4one

I'm beign lazy... this:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I voted other because 90% of the behaviour issues are in fact due to poor training, and care of your animal, either through being lazy, uninformed or just plain stupid, and they dogs can and have been rehabilitated through hard work and consistency, I've done it, I've seen it.

But there are some animals that are results of poor breeding, rearing etc. That there is little to no helping.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Just look at how well this dog is trained! You know he wanted to go lay on the cold hard floor, but he listened when I said, no no no get up on my couch, use my pillow, stretch out a little.

See good training!

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Awww, is that your dog? Adorable!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Just look at how well this dog is trained! You know he wanted to go lay on the cold hard floor, but he listened when I said, no no no get up on my couch, use my pillow, stretch out a little.

See good training!

CafeMom Tickers
AngelicaRenee
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:51 PM

My mom's cat proves that animals can be agressive just because. we got this cat at about 5 weeks of age and she's never been treated badly. She can be a nice cat sometimes but she is MEAN when she wants to be. She just gets mad and attacks for no reason.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM

That's one of them.. my girl is like most women, much more considerate, and camera shy. She thinks the camera makes her look fat.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Awww, is that your dog? Adorable!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

See good training!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)