Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you LIKE about Wal Mart?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM
  • 46 Replies

I don't go around gushing about how much I adore Wal Mart and I certainly don't praise them to the heavens every chance I get. I do work for them, but I don't always love it. I've gone off on my boss about him acting like a prick more than once.

But really, I've NEVER had a problem with Wal Mart as a customer. Every item of clothing i've bought lasts FOREVER. I've had "designer" clothing wear out or fall apart faster. I've never gotten bad food from there, I've never been treated rudely by an associate and really, I've never encountered anything to turn me off to them.

Like any big corporation, they have their faults. And with a business that big, of course you'll hear something about them. It happens.

It seems so many people hate Wal Mart, so let's find those that LIKE something about Wal Mart.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

What I  love most about Wal-Mart is that I can almost always find a Target nearby.

lol sorry.

If you love playing on Pogo, join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM

The ONLY thing I like (if you can call it that), is that they employee a great diverse group of people!

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Their cheap prices...especially their electronics and entertainment.....I am not fond of their fresh meat and produce...and I don't like their clothes...but there is no way I could live as well as I do if I couldn't shop at Walmart...Money really does go further.... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

The only thing nice i can think of is that I am able to find Tinkerbell shirts in my daughters size.   I was impressed with one thing this year though.  I did not see one Christmas item come out until October.  That was an improvement they usually start bringing it out in July. Otherwise most things about Wal mart annoy me.

inspain
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

That as long as it exists, I'll always feel good about shopping at Target.  ;-)

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong. - Bill Maher
maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

laughinggotta love this answer :)

Quoting teri4lance:

What I  love most about Wal-Mart is that I can almost always find a Target nearby.

lol sorry.

officerjoeys
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Nothing. Sorry. I was irritated the last couple of times I was there, so I just stopped going. 

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

IhartU
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I've never had a problem at a Walmart in my city and I even grocery shop every week at the one on the bad side of town which is lovingly dubbed Ghettomart. 

The greeter always greet us, I can always find an employee should I need help, the bathrooms and the departments are always clean and they are well stocked with product.

ColieO
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM

When my brother went to buy a TV, he priced things out at Rc Willey and Best Buy first, and saved almost $400 on the exact same TV he liked at those places just by going to Wal Mart.

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Their cheap prices...especially their electronics and entertainment.....I am not fond of their fresh meat and produce...and I don't like their clothes...but there is no way I could live as well as I do if I couldn't shop at Walmart...Money really does go further.... 

single_and_preg
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I love working there, i get paid good for what i do, great benefits and big quartely bonuses. They are very flexible with my schedule, I got paid for 6 months while i was pregnant and after having my baby. We do lots of stuff like company cook-outs picnics and raise money for other associates who are ineed.

I mean i could go on and on, i really truley love working there and look forward to going to work every morning.

When i first got the job i didnt realize it was going to be such a good place to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)