Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong of me to not pity these people

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

First case: girl dates a guy, gets knocked up. He bails. re-enters her and the babies life periodically because she gets disability and he needs money. She decides she wants another baby because WE had a boy *she had a girl* and gets pregnant. He bails *AGAIN* now shes upset because he isnt helping etc.

2nd case: girl marries a guy who cheated on her beforehand. Openly admits to marrying her for extra money while overseas. *ONLINE* Once he deploys, he tells her he wants a divorce. We tell her to take $$ and save up because hes going to screw her over. She of course, ignores us. Well, now he switched his paycheck to another bank without her on it, leaving her broke. Instead of WORKING like a normal person, she decides to CONTINUALLY have herself locked up, thinking he will feel bad and come back. Doesnt work. So shes broke and bitching

3rd case: lady decides to spend ALL her $$ on lortabs and methadone for a buddy of hers. Decides to run her AC on like 45 degress ALL DAY. Lets her bum of a daughters/son live with her and not pay anything. Has no $$ to pay bills. Has been evicted at LEAST 3x this year. Asks us for $$ I refuse.

4th case: woman marries alcoholic who "claims" hes changed. Obviously hasnt. In less than a year, he leaves her and trashes all her stuff. Wants pity from everyone.

Anyhoo. These are ALL family members. And i dont feel one ounce of pity for them. Im one of those "you made your bed now lie in it" kinda girls. I dealt with MY problems without asking anyone for help. When dh and I first married and had to move here thanks to military, I cashed out MY savings bond from my deceased grandpa. Asked NO ONE for help. When we found out we were expecting, WE paid for everything. No baby shower, nothing. We also didnt want people to pity us, because, IMO, thats pretty damn degrading for someone to PITY you, ya know?

Anyway. DH and i were chatting about these people, and he thinks its kinda harsh i dont feel bad for them. Is it?

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Phoenix_sp
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I dont think its wrong at all not to pity stupid people.  Maybe pity their children...

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I feel for people whether the mistakes they make are their own or not..I am compassionate by nature..how ever...I am compassionate not stupid..I wouldn't help these people with money..I would help them look for a place to live..I would listen to them and offer advice and a shoulder but I wouldn't give away one red cent of my hubby's hard earned money to people who would use it to make the same mistakes and come back for more money.... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

jgl3g
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Um no i really do not but OMG I do feel sorry for you if that is your family lmao are you atleast in some kind of therapy? Oh wait duh you have us on CM.

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM

LOL their actually DHs family, but i have to claim them lol

but i thank god everyday hes nothing like them lol

Quoting jgl3g:

Um no i really do not but OMG I do feel sorry for you if that is your family lmao are you atleast in some kind of therapy? Oh wait duh you have us on CM.

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

FL2AK
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I would not pity them either.  I believe that each one of us have the same opportunities as everyone else in life to make something of themselves.  I cannot help it if people make bad decisions. 

melimommy

I feel the same way, but i feel bad for the kids involved.

single_and_preg

I would feel sorry for the 1st and 4th case, it seems like they were blinded by love.

The 2nd and 3rd case seem more of stupidity and lazy issues

jgl3g
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Quoting USMCBride08:

Quoting jgl3g:

Thank god for that lol. Still that has to be really hard on you.

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:58 PM

unfortunately, they werent. They were both FULLY aware of the type of person they were. #4 had been dating him for 10 years. AND HAD CALLED THE COPS PLENTY OF TIMES

Quoting single_and_preg:

I would feel sorry for the 1st and 4th case, it seems like they were blinded by love.

The 2nd and 3rd case seem more of stupidity and lazy issues

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:58 PM

LOL makes our day funner when we listen to their stories

Quoting jgl3g:

Quoting USMCBride08:

Quoting jgl3g:

Thank god for that lol. Still that has to be really hard on you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)