Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am considering applying for a job at Wal-Mart. I absolutely don't want to work the cash register. I'd rather do stocking and be on night shift. Would they give me that position to start with? Anyone know?I am so freaking tired of being so broke. Especially right here at the holidays. The less I ahve to deal with people the better. I don't want to do the cash register thing whatsoever.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:57 PM

You're NOT a people person??...lol...You could always ask and apply for certain positions...I think...a solitary job...right now...might be good for you...Give you some much needed space...I was thinking about you today....Hope things are looking up..(Least its not raining right??) 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

newfound09
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM

In retail there are almost always starting positions in replenishment or merchandising. Quiet jobs away from ppl.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Hey you :0). Things are okay, but we did get rain today. Husband didn't work because of it. I was feeling good today up until about an hour ago, blasted toothache again. I tell ya girl I don't know what it is but I am tired of worry and pain. I have been thinking about ya today too, and hope all is well your way. Nope, not a big people person, and not good at multitasking either. Have a one track mind. If I worked the cash register and messed up with money I would freak out. lol That mess makes me nervous as all get out. Especially when the store is super busy and things get backed up on the line. Gawd, I would have a anxiety attack there on the spot.

Quoting Just_Bethy:

You're NOT a people person??...lol...You could always ask and apply for certain positions...I think...a solitary job...right now...might be good for you...Give you some much needed space...I was thinking about you today....Hope things are looking up..(Least its not raining right??) 

CVislosky
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM

On the application they ask which 3 posistions you want to be considered for and which shift you would prefer. Walmart usually hires extra stock people around the holidays. 

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I wish wish wish, my husband was still able to have his offshore drilling job. Due to his injuries in a wreck, that will no longer be an option for him.Really miss that income.The security of knowing there is plenty of money and having a savings account and life insurance in case of something happens. Now I can barely buy household goods and food. We don't have too many things to pay per month, but not having a steady income is eating us alive. The fencing can't be done in rain and flooding. My husband is paid cash, and we don't qualify for assitance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)